• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Barbecue Restaurant

It might have been discussed, but has anyone been to Real Q on Country Club where Little Richard's was located?

Nando's is one of my favorite places on earth, and it's Portuguese, I don't know why I was thinking Peruvian.
Technically it's South African, with the Piri Piri sauce being from the Portuguese Africa colonies and the founders from Portugal itself.

It's also fucking amazing for a fast food restaurant.

Technically it's South African, with the Piri Piri sauce being from the Portuguese Africa colonies and the founders from Portugal itself.

It's also fucking amazing for a fast food restaurant.

I stock up on Peri Peri sauces every time I get a chance to eat at one. If I had the time/money/partners I would open a franchise in the triad in a heartbeat.

They're on every other corner in the UK and i used to spend way too much money there

Yes, I wouldn't drive from Charlotte specifically for it, but it is definitely worth stopping if you are driving by.

Sam Jones Barbecue in Winterville, NC got some love on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" TV show on Cooking channel. Wood grilled pork.

Last edited:
Bo Jones Barbecue in Winterville, NC got some love on "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" TV show on Cooking channel. Wood grilled pork.

I assume you mean Sam Jones. He’s opening up a restaurant in downtown Raleigh, so we should once again have good bbq downtown. Clyde Coopers isn’t what it was and The Pit is the worst successful restaurant in town.

I had Gates in Kansas City Wednesday night. It was definitely an experience

Noble Smoke on Freedom Drive in Charlotte is really damn good.

It's always noteworthy when someone from the Triad makes it out and doesn't wind up drowining in a puddle of his own piss.

When I saw this thread resurrected I was going to ask if anyone had been to Noble Smoke and whether was worth heading to. Glad to see it has received the coveted Biff seal of approval.

Which location did you go to? I prefer Arthur Bryant's over Gates, but Gates is definitely an experience.

Independence I believe? Was staying right near Arrowhead, so the closest one to there.

Anyone tried Picnic in Durham? Looks like a second spot opening maybe in Raleighwood?

Back