• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Barbecue Restaurant

Wilber's - best NC 'cue
Arthur Bryant's - KCMO

Coincidentally, the worst BBQ I've ever had was also at Arthur Bryant's. The wild inconsistency of it is part of the charm.

Oklahoma Joe's is white people KC BBQ. It's good (and the original in the gas station is awesome), but it's too Johnson County for me. I much prefer Bryant's and Gate's when I'm in KC.

Truth that OK Joe's is white man's BBQ (especially the soul-less Olathe location), but I'm a white man, and it's awesome.

I do go back and forth between it and Bryant's though. The burnt ends at Bryant's might be my all-time favorite BBQ item.

Truth that OK Joe's is white man's BBQ (especially the soul-less Olathe location), but I'm a white man, and it's awesome.

I do go back and forth between it and Bryant's though. The burnt ends at Bryant's might be my all-time favorite BBQ item.

I ate at 7 different barbecue places in Kansas City. I never ate at the Olathe Joes; just the gas station. I once waited 45 minutes in line to get lunch at Arthur Bryants, but it was totally worth it. I made sure to get the "Burnt ends" at all of them, to make an even comparison. Here is my rank

1. Oklahoma Joe's
2. Arthur Bryants
3. Big T's
4. Jack Stack
5. L.C.'s
6. Gates (I ate this at a Royal's game, so it might not count)
7. KC Masterpiece (Horrible, all of them have closed down but 1)

I know its not cool to mention things close by, but I prefer Little Richard's and Stamey's. Had Parker's for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was solid as well.

Stamey's is good. If they are cooking with wood, they are good.

I have a couple of free sandwich coupons from Bib's I got at the baseball game. Will have to check them out when in downtown WS.

Bibs is good, but their stuff isnt smokey enough for me. The smoke ring doesnt penetrate the meat enough to impart consistent flavor throughout. It's easily masked by chopping the BBQ, but you can see a real difference if you get it sliced.

Though I love Eastern NC BBQ, I do not particularly care for B's.:couch:

I like Parker's pretty well. My real preference is for pork straight off cooker, colloquially known as a Pig Pickin'.

OH HELLLLL NO. B's crushes Parker's.

No particular order.

Stamey's
Stephenson's
Holden's
A&S's
Parker's
Wilber's

I love Lexington style barbeque. My favorite is, of course, Lexington Barbeque.

I really don't eat much eastern (never in that part of the state) but I've had some that is pretty good.

Bibs is definitely a nice change of pace, in terms of food and atmosphere.

I think that is why I like Bibs so much. It is different from the normal Lexington BBQ and the fact that I can get beef instead of pork. Plus their slaw is probably the best out there.

Fresh Aire in Jackson GA
Parker's for Eastern
Speedy's for Western

In Winston, Lil Richards

In Atlanta, Fox Bros, Heirloom, DBA, Community...

Bibs had the worst brisket I have ever tasted. It was like beef jerky on a bun, but not as good.

Arthur Bryant's is my all time favorite. I don't mind Gates, but the sauce at AB's is better in my opinion. Outside of KC there is a small town with a bar and post office that had incredible ribs, but I can't remember the name of the place.

I like the Rendezvous and Interstate in Memphis and for some reason I love Andy Nelson's just outside of Baltimore.

I like NC bbq, I like almost all bbq, but nowhere in NC has really stood out for me in terms of a favorite. Most of it is pretty good. My only complaint about NC bbq is sometimes it can taste a little mushy if the meat is too fine and the sauce is too thick.

I have a least favorite. Ray Lewis's bbq in Baltimore is officially the worst bbq restaurant in the world.

Back