• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Barbecue Restaurant

Goode Company BBQ - Houston, TX
The Salt Lick - Driftwood, TX
Southside Market - Elgin, TX

I'm okay with pork, but for me real BBQ is brisket and sauce. Turkey and sausage are delicious too.

From what I've seen on tv, Salt Lick is basically cooked over a pit inside. Sort of like a massive hardwood grill, amirite?

Speedy's in Lexington, though I haven't had any bad BBQ from Lexington.

Little Richard's is allright in Winston, and Stamey's in Greensboro.

When I'm up north I like One-Eyed Jack's in Lockport and Fat Bob's in Buffalo. Fat Bob's has significantly better sides than entrees, especially the hush puppies. The taste is a lot like Bib's but better and sit down service and more beer. One-Eyed Jack's does a pretty solid pig roast but the smoked chicken is probably the best thing they do.

I am NOT familiar with Kentucky Greg's in Depew. Of course, I don't count this as barbecue because it is not slow-cooked, but there's no better white meat than Chiavetta's chicken barbecue. They actually make more money selling their marinade than they do from cooking fundraisers now.

As far as Winston area goes, there really isn't anything outstanding. I like Clark's, Prissy Polly's, Little Richard's, and Hill's(in that order), but none of them are anything to write home about. That said, barbecue is nearly always delicious. Except for Mr. BBQ.

Has anyone else tried "Honky Tonk Pig" off of Jonestown Rd.? Horrible name and isn't traditional style for the area, but I had some legit-ass honey chipotle glazed ribs from there not too long ago. The sides were pathetic, but the ribs were some of the better I've ever had.

And yeah, Guy and Mae's is THE place for ribs. Outstanding.

Tuffalo - you're not a Dinosaur guy?

FWIW, and this is probably sacrilege for a southerner to say - Fette Sau in Brooklyn is really good.

I've had many people recommend Dinosaur BBQ, but since it's so freaking cold every time I go to NY, I never remember.

The one in Harlem is pretty solid (right under the elevated section of the 1 train). I like their sauces a lot, the meat is good, but nothing spectacular.

Also, try to get up during summer. All Upstate is awesome in the summer. Especially the finger lakes and Adirondacks. But also Buffalo.

Also, try to get up during summer. All Upstate is awesome in the summer. Especially the finger lakes and Adirondacks. But also Buffalo.

I spent the summer before the 11th grade in Canandaigua on my uncles farm. I spent half my time in the lake, and the other half doing half-assed manual labor, thinking about the lake.

Back