• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Barbecue Restaurant

I think that I have been desensitized to B's. I drive by it every single day and eat there often. I usually get the chicken though. :couch:

Salt Lick is good, but not BBQ.

I'd be just as likely to say that all these things you call "BBQ" are not actually BBQ.

But instead of being dicks and arguing about it, maybe we can just agree that regional differences do exist and it's okay to call them all BBQ, and we're free to have our preferences as to which is best.

Fair?

I'd be just as likely to say that all these things you call "BBQ" are not actually BBQ.

But instead of being dicks and arguing about it, maybe we can just agree that regional differences do exist and it's okay to call them all BBQ, and we're free to have our preferences as to which is best.

Fair?

yeah, as long as were not including a bunch of shit thrown on a grill, otherwise steaks & hot dogs would be considered Barbecue.

Lexington in Lexington is my favorite.

Gary's in China Grove is good.

Bar-B-Q King drive-in in Charlotte or Bill Spoons will scratch the itch until you can get out of town to get the real stuff.

Wilburs is on my to-do list, but haven't been through Goldsboro in ages.

Fair?

Or we could find comfort and delight in the fact that we're right and everybody else is wrong. I choose the latter.

Rendezvous - Memphis (best spice rub I've ever had)
Saws - Birmingham (they've got a really good, ENC style bbq sauce that is sweet and vinegar based)

The original Dreamland (ribs only) in Tuscaloosa

Golden Rule, Hoover (just south of Birmingham)

Full Moon BBQ, Birmingham

And close to me in Huntsville is New Market BBQ (only open Friday to Sunday)

Kerlin was very good....got a beef rib too :drool:

The Beacon in Spartenburg.

Woodlands in Blowing Rock.

Mr. BBQ.

Little Richards.

Lexington.

Back