• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Barbecue Restaurant

Rendezvous - Memphis (best spice rub I've ever had)
Saws - Birmingham (they've got a really good, ENC style bbq sauce that is sweet and vinegar based)

Agree with Saws. That place was excellent. I also ate at Fette Sau in Philadelphia (the original is in Brooklyn) and it was really good. Like rivaling some great southern barbecue good.

B's BBQ - Greenville NC
Bill Ellis - Wilson

My Favorite in W-S is Little Richards

Late to discussion but I will go with Wilber's in Goldsboro. I know that is sacrilege from someone who was raised in Kinston with King's but Wilber's is flat out better.

Central BBQ in Memphis is pretty damn good.

I love Wilbur's in Goldboro, but if you have time to go off the main road, Grady's BBQ in Dudley, NC is fantastic.

Best ribs ever for me are the original Dreamland in Tuscaloosa.

Scott's BBQ (original location, Hemingway)
Lewis BBQ (Charleston)
Rendezvous (Memphis)
OK Joes (KC - gas station location)

Little Richards is fine, and I've been to Lexington BBQ a few times, but I'm really not a fan of the Lexington style. Wilburs and Allen and Sons are my favorites. If you're in Raleigh, the Pit is a really fun restaurant. Get chopped BBQ and the baby back ribs- not the country style. It's not the best BBQ, but they have a lot of good food.

A buddy from high school opened Picnic in Durham. I have yet to eat there, but I've eaten off a at least 10 pigs he cooked and can only imagine the restaurant is similar in quality.

Don't sleep on Cookout. I know it's not a BBQ restaurant but their pulled pork is good stuff (granted I've only had it on a sandwich and after some drinks, but it is delicious)

Agree with Saws. That place was excellent. I also ate at Fette Sau in Philadelphia (the original is in Brooklyn) and it was really good. Like rivaling some great southern barbecue good.

Nice. Fette Sau is great. Awesome whiskey selection too.

Prefer Clemmons' Little Richard's to Winston's.

The only thing I like about Clemmons, in fact.

Stopped at the one in Clemmons last week. My brother was visiting from Alabama. I got a chopped pork sandwich with hush puppies. The closest thing to eastern style sauce is a Lexington style which was pretty good but you have to ask for it. My brother got the chunky style pork and smothered it with western style hickory sauce. It looked nasty and I don't get it but he seemed to enjoy it.

I always thought Allen and Sons was very average BBQ...and expensive for average food.

Back