• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Barbecue Restaurant

Late to discussion but I will go with Wilber's in Goldsboro. I know that is sacrilege from someone who was raised in Kinston with King's but Wilber's is flat out better.

Wilber's is great, but I prefer Skylight in Ayden. King's isn't in the same ballpark.

Stamey's gets overlooked on these lists but its one of the best in the state IMO. Definitely of the Lexington variety which I prefer over Eastern.

JD's Smokehouse in Rutherford College (between Morganton and Hickory) is fantastic. Line is almost always out the door, but it moves quickly. The pork barbeque is fantastic, but the best thing on the menu is the brisket--it is melt-in-your-mouth good. Fantastic sides as well, including some of the best Brunswick Stew I have had and great jalapeño cheese grits. The only downside is no beer is served there.

22f32f4e51b230275ec0bb63df7cdb6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ate at Jack Stacks in KC

Hot damn their lamb ribs are ridiculous

Nice. Fette Sau is great. Awesome whiskey selection too.
Not to be hipster, but I was going to fette sau when it first opened. Was really a cool/orginal concept for that neighborhood at the time.

B's Barbecue - Greenville, NC
Little Richards - Winston-Salem

The best I've had, and it's not close, is at Pik N Pig right beside Gilliam-McConnell Airfield in pinehurst.

Just ate at Jack Stacks in KC

Hot damn their lamb ribs are ridiculous

I usually get the Poor Russ (chopped burnt ends) with a side of cheesy corn. I will have to give the lamb ribs a try next time. The wings there are pretty outstanding too.

B's Barbecue - Greenville, NC
Little Richards - Winston-Salem

The best I've had, and it's not close, is at Pik N Pig right beside Gilliam-McConnell Airfield in pinehurst.

Pik N Pig and B's are great.

Little Richard's isn't really in the same league imo.

Another vote for Allen & Son. Their BBQ has always had more kick than most. I've eaten at Wilber's probably 4 times and I've had good and fair meals there. Sides are pretty underwhelming. B's and Parker's both better.

For ENC buffets Fullers in Lumberton > *

Pik n Pig is really good too, completely forgot about that one. It's in Carthage tho not Pinehurst.

This basically applies to literally every other category in CLT. Congrats on your vinegar mush tho.

Lol. You mean like manageable traffic, lower crime, and lower cost of living? Congrats on Marietta and Cobb County tho.

Back to the thread, Sauceman's in Charlotte for western NC style BBQ. Wilbur's and King's for eastern NC. Smithfields actual BBQ is meh, but gets the job done. They're Brunswick stew, however, is incredible.

Shealy's in Batesburg SC. Busiest restaurant in SC. Buffet with great sides. Several types of BBQ. Very blue collar so dress accordingly. Also, agree on Good Company, Houston. They cook and smoke meat outdoors behind restaurant.

Lol. You mean like manageable traffic, lower crime, and lower cost of living? Congrats on Marietta and Cobb County tho.

Back to the thread, Sauceman's in Charlotte for western NC style BBQ. Wilbur's and King's for eastern NC. Smithfields actual BBQ is meh, but gets the job done. They're Brunswick stew, however, is incredible.

Raleigh > CLT > Damascus > fukishima > Atlanta

Kings was disappointing. Parker's is better. Allen & Son's is probably my favorite. They are going to be catering an event I am planning for July. I may not talk to anyone. #nomnomnom

Neighbor came over late this afternoon. Her daughter had Lexington cater a get together and gave my neighbor some BBQ to take home. She brought it over to my dog. Western just ain't real BBQ.

Neighbor came over late this afternoon. Her daughter had Lexington cater a get together and gave my neighbor some BBQ to take home. She brought it over to my dog. Western just ain't real BBQ.

This is incorrect, probably heresy, but I still laughed.

Back