• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Barbecue Restaurant

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
piggybacking off the Eastern NC thread, what is the best Barbecue restaurant you have ever been to? There is at least one BBQ show on TLC everyday, so there must be a lot of opinions on it.

Mine are:
B's Barbecue - Greenville, NC
Oklahoma Joe's - Kansas City, MO
Coopers Barbecue - Ilano, TX

Rendezvous - Memphis
Hometeam BBQ - Charleston

I'll admit that while I love BBQ, I haven't had a lot of chances to sample many different places.

The BBQ Center - Lexington, NC (I'm obligated as a native to put this)
The Pit - Raleigh, NC (Over-priced but ohhhh so good)
Rendezvous - Memphis, TN

B's
Wilbur's
Parker's

There is no good barbecue in NC west of Burlington. Period.

Wilber's, Goldsboro, NC

my favorite place to eat in the world

B's
Wilbur's
Parker's

There is no good barbecue in NC west of Burlington. Period.

They_see_me_trollin_They_hatin_RE_The_Art_of_Trolling-s407x405-128685-580.jpg

Though I love Eastern NC BBQ, I do not particularly care for B's.:couch:

I like Parker's pretty well. My real preference is for pork straight off cooker, colloquially known as a Pig Pickin'.

Though I love Eastern NC BBQ, I do not particularly care for B's.:couch:

I like Parker's pretty well. My real preference is for pork straight off cooker, colloquially known as a Pig Pickin'.

This. Although Allen & Sons between Chapel Hill and Hillsborough is good.

I'd give a nut to have an Oklahoma Joes in NC. I would also gain 50 pounds.

Me too. I visited KC a couple weeks ago (I have family there) and the first thing I did upon landing was go to the nearest OK Joe's and destroy a Z-man. Glorious.

That's not to speak ill of Arthur Bryant's, Jack Stack, Gates, and the like, but OK Joe's is about perfect.

Alston Bridge's - Shelby
Red Bridge's - Shelby
Stamey's - G'boro
Lexington - Lexington
B's - Greenville
Open Air - Madison, GA
Fresh Air - Jackson, GA

Wilber's - best NC 'cue
Arthur Bryant's - KCMO

Coincidentally, the worst BBQ I've ever had was also at Arthur Bryant's. The wild inconsistency of it is part of the charm.

Oklahoma Joe's is white people KC BBQ. It's good (and the original in the gas station is awesome), but it's too Johnson County for me. I much prefer Bryant's and Gate's when I'm in KC.

Arthur Bryant's is good.

I like Sugar Shack in Lexington.

I prefer whole pig, but like the Lexington Style sauce better. Combine those two and it is wonderful.

Arthur Bryant's is good.

I like Sugar Shack in Lexington.

I prefer whole pig, but like the Lexington Style sauce better. Combine those two and it is wonderful.

Pretty sure Sugar Shack is in Winston.

Back