• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Fishing Thread

Thanks guys - you're selling me on the 50 (I started thinking 65, but was worried about the weight when it's loaded down).

My wife and I went fly fishing for the first time on Monday up around Brevard, NC and loved it. We used a local guide and she was awesome. Just my opinion but this easily trumps fishing in a lake as you are always doing something. The downside is the equipment appears to be expensive as hell (upon first glance) if you want anything decent. Its like golf except on the water.

Does the Pit have any suggestions about moderately priced rods, waders, boots, & tackle? To me (and the guide said this) the reel is not that important as its simple not used much.

My wife and I went fly fishing for the first time on Monday up around Brevard, NC and loved it. We used a local guide and she was awesome. Just my opinion but this easily trumps fishing in a lake as you are always doing something. The downside is the equipment appears to be expensive as hell (upon first glance) if you want anything decent. Its like golf except on the water.

Does the Pit have any suggestions about moderately priced rods, waders, boots, & tackle? To me (and the guide said this) the reel is not that important as its simple not used much.

Wade fishing (what I was doing in the picture I posted above) is similar in that you are always doing something. Too bad there aren't enough flats around these parts for it to be popular. Tons of people do it down in TX.

Going after tarpon this weekend off the beaches of some park land (usually less jet ski white trash along the park portions of the barrier islands because they are heavily patrolled).

Sorry for the delayed response, dudes. I was busy wearing out the sheepshead and BSB this morning at the jetties. No need to lecture me on regulations. All fish were within the size and bag limit.

I swear, you ASDBC's would complain about a blowjob.

Those sheepshead are what my 11 year old catches....and throws back.

You're white trash fishing man. Are you short on cash or something and need some easy stuff to fill the fryer? Here's hoping you're brutally sodomized by a rabid dolphin while wade fishing for your next catch of undersized fish. And learn how to shoot a bird correctly...knuckles up straight and fingers lined up...like when I fist your mom. She digs it.

Wade fishing (what I was doing in the picture I posted above) is similar in that you are always doing something. Too bad there aren't enough flats around these parts for it to be popular. Tons of people do it down in TX.

Ya I enjoy wade fishing

Fly is a lot of fun, but can be expensive

the beer can is what's killing him - standard beer can is only 4.8 inches tall and a 24 Oz is around 7 3/4 I think.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Max fine in SC is $1,000 and up to 30 days in jail, per fish.

Operation Game Thief is a program designed to allow you to get involved in the protection of your South Carolina natural resources. With the information and donations provided by concerned citizens, like yourself, Operation Game Thief assists DNR in the protection of South Carolina's wildlife, fish, coastal, and other resources. Rewards of up to $500 are paid to persons providing information leading to the arrest of natural resource law violators. In addition to supporting the rewards system, donations to the program pay for the toll-free, round-the-clock telephone

Who wants to make some cash!

Christ, leave it to a OGBoards to turn a thread about fishing into a sanctimonious douche-off.

I know the laws - much better than any of you. I have never possessed an over or undersized fish, nor have I exceeded the legal bag limit. None of the fish pictures are under or over slot. It may come as a surprise, but the limit is three per person. I fish a lot and I get checked a lot. I've never been issued so much as a warning.

Let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction that PhysDeac doesn’t know about fishing/fishing regulations. He knows everything there is to know about fishing and fishing regulations.

Some of the best fishing trips I've been on have involved Phys. We've caught Rainbow Trout in the Mountains of NC, Catfish, Bass and Bluegill in lakes and rivers across the Southeast. We have absolutely slayed the saltwater game down in South Carolina and I know for a fact that no one on these boards, myself included, knows more about saltwater fishing regulations in SC.

Let’s dispel once and for all with this fiction that PhysDeac doesn’t know about fishing/fishing regulations. He knows everything there is to know about fishing and fishing regulations.

Some of the best fishing trips I've been on have involved Phys. We've caught Rainbow Trout in the Mountains of NC, Catfish, Bass and Bluegill in lakes and rivers across the Southeast. We have absolutely slayed the saltwater game down in South Carolina and I know for a fact that no one on these boards, myself included, knows more about saltwater fishing regulations in SC.

How big are the Rainbow Trout up on Brokeback Mountain?

Back