• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Va Tech: Greenburg fired, Clemson asst James Johnson hired

Who is gonna get them over the hump? They're a backwoods program with no history or fanbase and below average resources. They're certainly not hiring someone better than Seth this late in the game. Their only real shot is to hire some assistant and they pray to Jesus that he doesn't suck.

Greenberg is at best mediocre. I don't think it's that hard to believe that there's a coach out there who could get them off the bubble and into the tournament. I also don't think it's unreasonable to think that they could get said coach. They have actually invested a lot in basketball facilities recently, and I was pretty impressed by the level of support in Cassell when I went to our game there in 2010 (ugh).

Reading comprehension fail on your part. Big boys are schools across the country with open scholarships. He's not going to sit out to play in The ACC.

Truly sucks that a kid would have to sit out a season in order to transfer within conference whereas coaches are not binded by the same rule. Example: Virginia Tech asst leaving earlier this month to take the same job at Clemson.

I could see Harrell ending up at South Carolina now. Frank Martin must be watching closely.

There's no way he is just now hearing about it, just as there was no way he was with a recruit and answered his phone when a reporter called. That's like answering your phone when you're out to dinner with your girlfriends parents for the first time.

There's no way he is just now hearing about it, just as there was no way he was with a recruit and answered his phone when a reporter called. That's like answering your phone when you're out to dinner with your girlfriends parents for the first time.

+1.

Greenberg is going to play the victim role to the nth degree here.

Greenberg is at best mediocre. I don't think it's that hard to believe that there's a coach out there who could get them off the bubble and into the tournament. I also don't think it's unreasonable to think that they could get said coach. They have actually invested a lot in basketball facilities recently, and I was pretty impressed by the level of support in Cassell when I went to our game there in 2010 (ugh).

What I wouldn't give for a mediocre coach.

Further proof that the NCAA sucks. No reason that Harrell should have to sit out a year to play for another team in the conference he prefers, given the circumstances. It's a joke.

Mike Sherman learned he was fired while sitting in a recruits driveway because it had already leaked to the press and the AD wanted to let him know directly. I am sure there's some hyperbole to it, but it isn't unprecedented.

Further proof that the NCAA sucks. No reason that Harrell should have to sit out a year to play for another team in the conference he prefers, given the circumstances. It's a joke.

Management looks out for management...

Didn't Dino find out from Battle who found out from his son?

I believe that has been debunked. There was very little gap between when Dino found out and the press conference though. I would expect Seth to handle the situation with far less class than Dino did.

Didn't Dino find out from Battle who found out from his son?

I don't believe Dino found out from Battle, but I've had multiple sources tell me that Battle did indeed find out from his son who heard it from the son of one of the trustees who was notified the night before.

Everything I've been told is that Dino was caught completely off guard when Wellman sat him down and told him he was being let go.

Go nuclear, Seth.

ENTERTAIN US

Gladiator+Are+You+Not+Entertained.jpg

I thought Seth was about as good as VT could do for a coach. It will be interesting to follow there coaching search and eventual hire. Anybody out there want to research the coaches in BCS conferences who have 3 straight losing seasons to figure out who should be on their short list?

I thought it was an ACC rule that they have to sit out, not an NCAA rule. Not saying the NCAA doesn't suck, just that there's enough reasons to hate them without wrongly attributing other stuff. Of course, if it is an NCAA rule and not an ACC rule, then yeah, give them the hell they deserve.

Back