• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Va Tech: Greenburg fired, Clemson asst James Johnson hired

I thought it was an ACC rule that they have to sit out, not an NCAA rule. Not saying the NCAA doesn't suck, just that there's enough reasons to hate them without wrongly attributing other stuff. Of course, if it is an NCAA rule and not an ACC rule, then yeah, give them the hell they deserve.

I thought the NCAA rule was 1 year, ACC (in conference) 2 years.

Greenberg is at best mediocre. I don't think it's that hard to believe that there's a coach out there who could get them off the bubble and into the tournament. I also don't think it's unreasonable to think that they could get said coach. They have actually invested a lot in basketball facilities recently, and I was pretty impressed by the level of support in Cassell when I went to our game there in 2010 (ugh).

IMHO, Cassell coliseum is one of the best atmospheres in the conference. I love it.

they think they will get a really big name...interesting!

I thought Seth was about as good as VT could do for a coach. It will be interesting to follow there coaching search and eventual hire. Anybody out there want to research the coaches in BCS conferences who have 3 straight losing seasons to figure out who should be on their short list?

Looking at how the NCSU and Maryland coaching searches went, VT is screwed. I think you are right sig, they need to find a guy like Oliver Purnell at Clemson that can see the writing on the wall. Shake to VT would be the pipedream of all pipedreams. No chance in hell that happens.

they think they will get a really big name...interesting!

So it begins...

brad_stevens_butler.350w_263h.jpg

haha...a few highballs before the presser.

Back