Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Va Tech: Greenburg fired, Clemson asst James Johnson hired

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by tau06 View Post
    Looking at how the NCSU and Maryland coaching searches went, VT is screwed. I think you are right sig, they need to find a guy like Oliver Purnell at Clemson that can see the writing on the wall. Shake to VT would be the pipedream of all pipedreams. No chance in hell that happens.
    That's what Greenberg was when VT hired him. Seth was 108-100 in 7 seasons at USF with two NIT appearances and no wins. He's been living on borrowed time for awhile. They need to go with a well-regarded assistant instead of a retread.

Jeez. Now I feel like an asshole. I just read the replies. Man, that sucks.

Weaver was diagnosed with Parkinson's back in 2004 so he's actually handling the physical issues pretty well all things considered

Scooter Banks
    that tongue has a life of its own.
    le bone

It was the Parkinson's!

Football. Bloody Hell.

wow. so many "good questions"

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    That's what Greenberg was when VT hired him. Seth was 108-100 in 7 seasons at USF. He's been living on borrowed time for awhile. They need to go with a well-regarded assistant instead of a retread.
    Wow I didnt know that at all, thanks for the info. Agree completely that it's basically impossible for them to get a good established coach, and like you said, the best way they could end up with what i'd consider a good HC would be to give an up and comer AC or low level HC a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by tintinisahottie View Post
    His players love him at least
    https://twitter.com/#!/Cool_Jallen/s...13936001941504

Never Murdered My FIL
    Wow I didnt know that at all, thanks for the info. Agree completely that it's basically impossible for them to get a good established coach, and like you said, the best way they could end up with what i'd consider a good HC would be to give an up and comer AC or low level HC a shot.

Did he just ignore the recruit and transfer question?

Scooter Banks
    Yes he did
    le bone

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Exactly. You've got to think there are plenty of assistants in their 20s and 30s and low major HCs looking at the trend of mid-major coaches staying wondering why ADs keep going for retreads instead of looking a little bit further down the ladder for fresh talent.

"I'm not here to throw Coach Greenburg under the bus"...............I'm here to throw Coach Greenburg out of the bus

Scooter Banks
    I kind of like this guy and his honestly, but after trashing Seth NOW he says he's not going to throw him under the bus? I think he means he's not going to now back the bus back over him.
    le bone

Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    IMHO, Cassell coliseum is one of the best atmospheres in the conference. I love it.
    A death trap for sure, but a fun place to watch a basketball game.

Quote Originally Posted by deaconson View Post
    ouch

Who cares what Jeff Allen thinks? Wasn't he caught up in the stabbing of another student over a drug deal going bad?

Jeff Allen: still illiterate after all those years in college

Quote Originally Posted by CHillDeac View Post
    Who cares what Jeff Allen thinks? Wasn't he caught up in the stabbing of another student over a drug deal going bad?
    not that i know of. i was just making a comment about it sucks when your players are glad you are gone.