• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Va Tech: Greenburg fired, Clemson asst James Johnson hired

Turfg

Reaction score
Supposedly in regards to a change in the head coach of the men's basketball team.

They have Trez's LOI in, they should be good to cut Seth lose now. Thing is if they do fire Seth I don't think they will get a coach as good as him.

This is strange timing, but Greenberg needs to be out for the good of the ACC. He isn't going to take that program over the hump.

I almost wonder if this hasn't been decided (and communicated to Greenberg) for quite sometime, but both parties agreed to delay the announcement so that they can look for alternatives. Doesn't seem like Greenberg would be the type to agree to something like that.

Other idea is that Bud Foster is heading to the Hogs.

Latest update is that Seth is out. Waiting for more confirmation.

Is it wrong that my first thought, was: Boy what I wouldn't give to have Seth as coach next yr......

This is strange timing, but Greenberg needs to be out for the good of the ACC. He isn't going to take that program over the hump.

Who is gonna get them over the hump? They're a backwoods program with no history or fanbase and below average resources. They're certainly not hiring someone better than Seth this late in the game. Their only real shot is to hire some assistant and they pray to Jesus that he doesn't suck.

Who is gonna get them over the hump? They're a backwoods program with no history or fanbase and below average resources. They're certainly not hiring someone better than Seth this late in the game. Their only real shot is to hire some assistant and they pray to Jesus that he doesn't suck.

There are a few fan bases in the ACC who describe Wake this way.

Jeff Goodman ‏ @GoodmanCBS

News conference in less than 2 hours. RT @DavidTeelatDP: Sources: Hokies press conference is about change in head men's basketball coach.

If it is Seth being fired, what a strange time to do it. This is later in April than Ron firing Dino. This should have been done over a month ago if Weaver wanted the opportunity to hire a decent replacement.

Is it wrong that my first thought, was: Boy what I wouldn't give to have Seth as coach next yr......

Yes.

But you wouldn't be wrong to think: Boy what I wouldn't give to have Montrezl Harrell as a Deac next yr.......

Do they go after Shaka? Can't imagine that would be the job he wants though.

Back