• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Va Tech: Greenburg fired, Clemson asst James Johnson hired

Looking at how the NCSU and Maryland coaching searches went, VT is screwed. I think you are right sig, they need to find a guy like Oliver Purnell at Clemson that can see the writing on the wall. Shake to VT would be the pipedream of all pipedreams. No chance in hell that happens.

That's what Greenberg was when VT hired him. Seth was 108-100 in 7 seasons at USF with two NIT appearances and no wins. He's been living on borrowed time for awhile. They need to go with a well-regarded assistant instead of a retread.

Weaver was diagnosed with Parkinson's back in 2004 so he's actually handling the physical issues pretty well all things considered

It was the Parkinson's!

curb810.png

That's what Greenberg was when VT hired him. Seth was 108-100 in 7 seasons at USF. He's been living on borrowed time for awhile. They need to go with a well-regarded assistant instead of a retread.

Wow I didnt know that at all, thanks for the info. Agree completely that it's basically impossible for them to get a good established coach, and like you said, the best way they could end up with what i'd consider a good HC would be to give an up and comer AC or low level HC a shot.

Wow I didnt know that at all, thanks for the info. Agree completely that it's basically impossible for them to get a good established coach, and like you said, the best way they could end up with what i'd consider a good HC would be to give an up and comer AC or low level HC a shot.

wes_miller_030612.jpg

Exactly. You've got to think there are plenty of assistants in their 20s and 30s and low major HCs looking at the trend of mid-major coaches staying wondering why ADs keep going for retreads instead of looking a little bit further down the ladder for fresh talent.

"I'm not here to throw Coach Greenburg under the bus"...............I'm here to throw Coach Greenburg out of the bus

I kind of like this guy and his honestly, but after trashing Seth NOW he says he's not going to throw him under the bus? I think he means he's not going to now back the bus back over him.

Jeff Allen: still illiterate after all those years in college

Who cares what Jeff Allen thinks? Wasn't he caught up in the stabbing of another student over a drug deal going bad?

not that i know of. i was just making a comment about it sucks when your players are glad you are gone.

Back