• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Manny Ramirez retires after MLB notifies him of drug-policy issue

lol oh Manny.

ayrsjb.jpg

And the (lack of) hits continue for the Rays.

Oh yeah, that's just Manny being Manny.

The 5th guy to get into the SHOF after Rocket, Bonds, Mac and Raffy? Maybe flip Bonds and Rocket.

Nonny, you follow the Rays closer than I do. Why on earth did they go back to the strategy of signing retreads on their last leg? I listen to the local sports talk and they seemed to be so blinded by recent success they're not making the connection between Manny and Damon now and McGriff and Boggs in the past.

Nonny, you follow the Rays closer than I do. Why on earth did they go back to the strategy of signing retreads on their last leg? I listen to the local sports talk and they seemed to be so blinded by recent success they're not making the connection between Manny and Damon now and McGriff and Boggs in the past.

We got great value on them and it was only a 1 year contract. Our mentality is still sticking with developing young talent and signing them to team-friendly contracts.

This year, we needed another bat in the middle of the line-up. After we found out our (or I should say my) top targets were going to cost too much or were looking for longer contracts than we were willing to offer, we had to be a bit more creative.

We signed Manny for the year for only $2 million. Damon was for the year and cost $5.25 million. Going with the mentality that 1 extra win should cost about $3 million, if together they could account for 3 wins it'd be worth the investment.

Overall, it was a fairly low risk investment with high potential upside. Unfortunate with Manny but I'm still hoping Damon can help us out this year.

And the era of Desmond Jennings quickly approaches...

I can't think of a more perfect way for Manny's career to have ended, except maybe him wandering into the stands during a game and disappearing altogether.

And the era of Desmond Jennings quickly approaches...

They probs won't call him up until June or so, so that the Super 2 arbitration rule doesn't go into effect. I think Kotchman is a placeholder until then.

Back