• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Lavin Has Prostate Cancer

I used to think he was a scumbag but everything I've heard in the last five years is that he is a great guy. Doesn't matter either way, I hope he beats it and keeps coaching.

1 in 6 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer according to the Prostate Cancer Foundation.

Hope he caught it early, remember to get yourself checked.

I edited right after I put this down, but it didn't change the title on the home page, just on the thread

Yea, as far as cancer goes this is among the more manageable. Still, thoughts and prayers.

This is true but if it is not caught soon enough it is absolutely awful. My best friend's dad just lost his battle with prostate cancer and it was not a good situation the last few months. Not a cancer you want to die from...I will echo what everyone has said GET CHECKED! If caught early very manageable...if not it is something you would not wish on your worst enemy.

My dad is a urologist and says if caught early, prostate cancer is not hard to cure. However, with any cancer, early detection is paramount.

Let's not make it seem like men should line up to have prostate cancer. While it is very curable in the early stages, the effects of treatment are not insignificant. You can pretty much plan on incontinence and erectile dysfunction. Not the worst things in the world, but no walk in the park. Give me thyroid cancer any day over prostate.

And I'll echo the above, my grandfather lost his battle to recurrent prostate cancer and it wasn't pretty.

My thoughts and prayers to the Lavin family.

Let's not make it seem like men should line up to have prostate cancer. While it is very curable in the early stages, the effects of treatment are not insignificant. You can pretty much plan on incontinence and erectile dysfunction. Not the worst things in the world, but no walk in the park. Give me thyroid cancer any day over prostate.

And I'll echo the above, my grandfather lost his battle to recurrent prostate cancer and it wasn't pretty.

My thoughts and prayers to the Lavin family.

Certainly. I didn't mean to make light of prostate cancer and apologize if it came across that I did. Serious stuff for sure.

Certainly. I didn't mean to make light of prostate cancer and apologize if it came across that I did. Serious stuff for sure.

I didn't take it that way. I just think it's important to know that just because we can cure something doesn't mean there aren't adverse side effects. It's an issue near to me as I have a rather strong family history (probably like a lot of men). Hope Coach Lavin kicks this!

Indeed. My grandfather had it and beat it, only to be taken by a different cancer (multiple myeloma) about 6 years later.

Hope Lavin can take care of it as well.

If my worst enemy had prostate cancer, I would root for him / her to kick its ass and run up the score. Go get 'em Steve.

Back