• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NCScout is kind of a Dbag

How do you do a +4 or -4?

I think you have to have accumulated a shit-ton of posts. Mods are +10/-10, so I assume somebody with 4x the power of a noob is someone near the top of the post count list...

number of posts you've made + amount of time you've been on this board I believe

Relaying info posted under the premium forums is a sure way to get this board shut down. I'd be careful what you post here.

Why would violating another site's TOS get this board shut down?

"Content" can be Premium. Information can't be. Is it really Premium content that DemanDeac has ended his drama queen turn for the year, or is it information?

I think you have to have accumulated a shit-ton of posts. Mods are +10/-10, so I assume somebody with 4x the power of a noob is someone near the top of the post count list...

What Stig said, but also rep. Someone with over 100 rep has an extra repping point.

"Content" can be Premium. Information can't be. Is it really Premium content that DemanDeac has ended his drama queen turn for the year, or is it information?

I don't think we'd get shut down but I do think that there should be some boundaries. If it's public info or someone posts the same thing on both boards then I think it's fine. If someone misquotes or directly links to their Premium board, then there's an issue. We can exist without them and should do so.

Mods are not +10/-10. They adhere to the same principles that registered users do.

Because the people who run this board are responsible for its content. If information is posted here from a premium (i.e. pay for) source, then the owners of this site can be sued, issued a cease and desist order, etc. I think any attorney on this board would say something similar.

I'm also assuming that the original post that was copied onto this thread was from the premium board. If not, then my post is much ado about nothing.

Long story short, I like this board and want it to stay around.

I think it is petty and silly to have someone run over here to post premium content from DS. One of the biggest minuses to what is generally a great board.

To be fair, no one really posts substantive 'content' from over there. No critical information really flows between the boards, and that's commendable. But there's a certain watchdog mentality where some posters over there feel the need to monitor what's going on here for certain idiotic posts, and some posters here do the same to posters over there. Then they repost those statements, possibly mischaracterize them, and we all engage in a nice round of gossip. The Mendacious thing was a clear example.

I just think it's silly, and both boards would be better without it.

Gossip%20%282000%29.jpg

there is a neg rep mafia of sensitive little bitches. i got wind of who one of the big neg rep disbursing posters is from the mods. its somebody who has and probably always will take the boards way too seriously.

Someone complaining about neg repping is accusing someone else of taking the boards too seriously? lol

Because the people who run this board are responsible for its content. If information is posted here from a premium (i.e. pay for) source, then the owners of this site can be sued, issued a cease and desist order, etc. I think any attorney on this board would say something similar.

lol

What would the greatest future lawyer in the history of the world, texasdeac, say? that's what really counts

You guys don't think Fox Sports which owns scout doesn't care about their premium content being leaked? This would drive less people to the site which means less advertising revenue for them.

You guys don't think Fox Sports which owns scout doesn't care about their premium content being leaked? This would drive less people to the site which means less advertising revenue for them.

If that were occurring, yeah, Fox Sports would care. But that's not happening, as we have our own super-users that post content and info. PremiumDeacon "leaking" that Deman has returned to posting, etc., indulging in petty board gossip that only matters to our micro-community? I sincerely doubt Fox Sports cares.

Back