• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Also got 2 pumpking Imperial Pumpkin Ales to go with.

So we are having a get together for my birthday this coming Saturday so when I went grocery shopping last Friday I bought 3 6 packs of beer, Shotgun Betty, Sam Adams Blackberry Whitber, and Blue Moon Pumpkin Ale thinking I wouldn't need to buy more. Not sure what I was thinking. RaleighDeac drank 12 Saturday night.

Picked up a growler of Southern Tier Harvest (ESB) today at lunch. Looking forward to trying it out.

Had my first Southern Tier beer tonight. I think I got the double IPA. I liked it a lot.

Of the Marzen variety, I really like the Victory Festbier. Tonight at the local Mega Total Wine, I picked up one of about every Oktoberfest/Marzen style.

I picked up singles of:

Magic Hat Hex Ourtoberfest
Victory Festbier
Duck Rabbit Dopplebock
Highland Clawhammer
Bells Oktoberfest
Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale

And 6 packs of the Duck Rabbit Marzen and Woodchuck Pumpkin Cider.

I ought to have plenty of good beer for a while :)

Gordon Biersch Marzen is great.

Had my first Southern Tier beer tonight. I think I got the double IPA. I liked it a lot.

Southern Tier makes some excellent seasonal and special brews. Their standards are ok, but nothing to write home about (Phin & Matt, 422, IPA).

Pumpking is awesome, their oak aged Imperial IPA is top notch - the double ipa is solid too. I want to take a trip up there, but it is almost in Canada.

Southern Tier makes some excellent seasonal and special brews. Their standards are ok, but nothing to write home about (Phin & Matt, 422, IPA).

Pumpking is awesome, their oak aged Imperial IPA is top notch - the double ipa is solid too. I want to take a trip up there, but it is almost in Canada.

WUT are you talking about it's nowhere near the border

Went back through this thread and didn't find this posted.

9hs7dd.jpg

This stuff is great. Has anyone done a brewery tour there? It's located right in Baltimore. I haven't tried any of their other beers, but this is going to be my go-to special beer for awhile.

Haven't had a Heavy Seas I haven't liked. Somehow have never done the brewery tour, will probably get to it this winter. Heard its "pretty awesome"

Back