• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

My friend says he always has trouble finding it in Raleigh, where do you get it down there?

ahh that makes sense...if I make it down there in a couple months I know what I'll be bringing then

So, a City Bev tent sale is coming up this Saturday. I have yet to partake in one. They are pretty awesome, right?

Haven't found it here yet. I used to drink it at Taco Mac when I was still in Georgia.

I've seen it at Peace St. Market. Total Wine typically has some selection of Heavy Seas. JDawg, your friend may want to try either the new Total Wine at North Hills, Peace St. Market, or Bottle Revolution on Lake Boone Trail.

Olde Mecklenburg Brewery tested/did their inaugural bottling line this week. Great stuff, wishing them much success and look forward to being able to get their stuff in stores.

I've seen it at Peace St. Market. Total Wine typically has some selection of Heavy Seas. JDawg, your friend may want to try either the new Total Wine at North Hills, Peace St. Market, or Bottle Revolution on Lake Boone Trail.

JDawg: 1297 & I went to Bottle Revolution today at lunch to get good beer for this weekend. Heavy Seas Red Sky at Night was there, along with other Heavy Seas options. Pass the word on to your friend. :beer:

Just cracked my first Dogfish Head Pun'kin of the year to celebrate the Deacs win.

Also, watched the first half at a bar in Raleigh and tried the Big Boss Harvest Time. Very, very yummy.

Aw, I miss Big Boss. I also miss the bars actually being open when Wake plays... hopefully that will change.

Aw, I miss Big Boss. I also miss the bars actually being open when Wake plays... hopefully that will change.

If hipsters were into college football then the bars would open at 9 AM.

Not sure where Simcoe hops came from, but I am loving the IPAs made from them. Have had these two the past couple of weeks and they are awesome - high gravity, extra bitter, if you like IPAs will love either of these:

Weyerbacher+Unfiltered+Double+Simcoe+IPA.JPG

image%5B9%5D.png

FWIW First Street has $3.50 pints of Big Boss Harvest Time on Thursdays.

Referring to that list above, the Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale is awesome, as is the Southern Tier Pumking. Terrapin Pumpkinfest is such a smooth beer and the perfect marriage of Pumpkin and Munich style Lager....you can easily drink a 12'er of it. You can't beat DFH Pumpkin Ale on draft, and I have yet to try the Heavy Seas. On a side note, I had the opportunity to tour the Shipyard Brewery this past summer in Portland, ME....cool place.

Stone 15th anniversary black IPA growler for tomorrow.

Back