• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

oh, and solid choice townie...love the black IPA style.

last night was 'down the 4-pack of DFH Punkin' night

My first time back in Winston in 10 years, and holy fuck has that place changed. Have to say I was impressed with Foothills. The majority of the beers were just ok, but the Double IPA was solid.

A most excellent beer

I'm too lazy to find the beer thread or the Trader Joe's thread, but I found an awesome beer at Trader Joe's called "Simpler Times". It comes in a retro-looking can. Its a lager and it is full flavored but not too hoppy. Its actually pretty crisp with a hint of honey. Its $4.00 for a 6-pack, but with the full flavor and the alcohol content at 6%, its not your typical cheap domestic.

Had this on draft last night, Belgium Style IPA from Allagash - I am not sure I have ever had anything from these guys that was bad. It is bitter, but isn't as super aggressive as a lot of the super bitter IPAs coming out now.

hugh-malone-detail.png

My first time back in Winston in 10 years, and holy fuck has that place changed. Have to say I was impressed with Foothills. The majority of the beers were just ok, but the Double IPA was solid.

Seeing Double? That stuff is fantastic. The only beer for me at foothills, other than Sexual Chocolate.

Chimay+Red+Trippel+and+Blue.JPG

knocked out the cinq cents (off-white) last night; going for the grande reserve (blue) tonight.

its been my favorite 'nice' beer for a couple of years.

Seeing Double? That stuff is fantastic. The only beer for me at foothills, other than Sexual Chocolate.

Missed out on trying their Hefeweizen - was told it was good. Don't remember seeing the Sexual Chocolate - did I miss that one?

no, they wouldn't have any right now. its an insanely popular seasonal and pretty hard to get some. think it comes out in the spring.

I like your rep system. I got "how old are you" negrep and "chimay does suck good call" posrep. Fun stuff.

The world of beer is wide and wonderful. There is no reason to stop in chimay land. It sucks, by any measure you wish to apply.

I like your rep system. I got "how old are you" negrep and "chimay does suck good call" posrep. Fun stuff.

The world of beer is wide and wonderful. There is no reason to stop in chimay land. It sucks, by any measure you wish to apply.

Not sure what you are comparing it to to say Chimay sucks. Chimay is a AT LEAST a decent beer - it is an entry level belgium/trappist ale. There is nothing wrong with it.

Now, if your point is that there are (much) better belgium or trappist style ales, than, yes, by comparison, Chimay isn't as good. But it doesn't suck - would rather drink a Chimay and pay $8 a bottle than have to drink Bud heavy or Miller Lite.

Back