• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

I absolutely love every beer Smuttynose makes.

If you have time you should come to shangy's in emmaus. i worked there for a while and frankly you cannot beat their price or selection. they have the wholesale license on so many of the beers that they carry that they are able to sell at the cheapest price possible (also because of the volume that he does). For example, they wholesale all the brewworks stuff. for a while, literally every single case of hopsolutely they made came to shangy's warehouse at which point shangy's would deliver it. long story short, save a shit ton of money and make a massive beer run to shangy's. it is worth the time and effort in the long run if you appreciate good beer. also, a lot of people would do beer clubs (something you could do with your colleagues at work) where the group would buy a series of cases and then mix and match within the group (this is a nice way of getting around pa's stupid laws). this allows you to try a six pack at a cheaper price than say wegmans or a bottle shop while giving you several six packs to try.

how much money are we talking here? i don't live anywhere near emmaus but i have used a route that goes through allentown to avoid 95 in the past to go from nc/dc to ny (current home). will be making the drive for the holidays most likely. i would be very happy to avoid 95 and make a stop for sweet cheap beer.

edited to add: does bell's get distributed to pa? it doesn't to ny and this makes me sad.

allagash black (ME)
new england brewing co. gandhi-bot double ipa (in a can!) (CT)
mayflower ipa (MA)
clown shoes hoppy feet black ipa (MA)
smuttynose big A ipa (NH)
anything from hill farmstead (will be hard to find; on tap) (VT)

Mayflower makes a pretty solid porter too. Everything Smuttynose makes is very good. Double Bag from Long Trail (VT) is excellent.

If you like mad elf you will love rude elf from fegley breworks out of my home town. Much much better even though they are both WAY too spiced and sweet.

Drinking the Rude Elf during the game now - good stuff - lots of cherry - good beer when it is 30 degrees outside

What is the best MD brewery, DuClaw, Clipper City or Flying Dog, and are any worth touring?

Just cracked my first Sierra Nevada Celebration of the season. Always a good feeling

can't go wrong with either of these

62000.jpg

images

Found one of the few remaining bottles of this:

heavy_seas_imperial_pumpkin.jpg

Anyone else been to the NODA Brewing Company in CLT yet? Just a few blocks from my house, so I've been down to their tap room a few times. So far, I've been really impressed by their NoDaRyeZ’d, as well as the Belgian Wit that they made a small batch up for their "Nodable" weekly series.

Current taps are Coco Loco, NoDaRyeZ’d, Ramble On Red, and a rotating Nodable series beer. I believe they are replacing last week's Wit with a Farmhouse IPA tomorrow.

http://www.nodabrewing.com/home

Troegs just moved to Hershey, and we went this weekend and filled up all the growlers in the house. It's only $9 a fill for any Troegs varietal (available)!

http://www.troegs.com/our_brews.aspx

We got Nugget Nectar, Perpetual IPA, and a couple scratch brews.

Heading to NODA Brewing Company after work today to try their Farmhouse IPA that's on their rotating tap starting today. I believe they are going have a new beer every 1-2 weeks for the next couple of months until they settle on which they want to produce in larger quantities.

Currently drinking a New Belgium Belgo IPA.

Not bad but nothing to write home about IMO. Might need another to make a more firm opinion

Mentioned this on the CT but I had the Shipyard Pumpkinhead the other night when I was out to dinner in Columbia. Pretty tasty.

Back