• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Oyster Stout from Harpoon's 100 Barrel Series

nom

going to a winter ale fest tomorrow.... probably going to be epic.

Just picked up a case of Sierra Nevada Celebration. Hope I like it, what with PA beer laws basically forcing my hand into a full case.

Winter Ale Fest was pretty awesome yesterday; of my 10 taster tickets, there were only 3 that were awful and 1 that was 'kinda gross'. I had such high hopes for this one that was aged in Makers Mark barrels; it had a weird taste according to the rest of the group. The best was a fairly basic stout that had hints of cinnamon.

On a 21st Amendment kick after having the Allies Win the War last week.

Picked up a 6 pack (cans) of Fireside Chat - awesome winter beer - highly recommend if you can find it. Not over the top spice/fruity like some other winter beers - just a great beer for a cold day.

Also, I had the 21st Amendment Back in Black IPA on draft last night - holy shit, if you like IPAs this beer is for you. Awesome - lots of hops but not to the point that all you taste is hops, smells great too. I have to figure our where I can buy some to bring home.

Winter Ale Fest was pretty awesome yesterday; of my 10 taster tickets, there were only 3 that were awful and 1 that was 'kinda gross'. I had such high hopes for this one that was aged in Makers Mark barrels; it had a weird taste according to the rest of the group. The best was a fairly basic stout that had hints of cinnamon.

All the bourbon barrel aged beers have that smell/taste - definitely an acquired one. I went to a beer festival a few months ago where they had 25 different bourbon barrel aged beers on draft - they can get pretty crazy. My favorite to date is the Allegash Curieux - it is aged in the barrel of Makers lesser brother (Jim Beam). You can get it at Wegmans in the PA, I did not see it at Total Wine, but have to imagine it is there - pricey though, like $15 for a big bottle.

On a 21st Amendment kick after having the Allies Win the War last week.

Picked up a 6 pack (cans) of Fireside Chat - awesome winter beer - highly recommend if you can find it. Not over the top spice/fruity like some other winter beers - just a great beer for a cold day.

Also, I had the 21st Amendment Back in Black IPA on draft last night - holy shit, if you like IPAs this beer is for you. Awesome - lots of hops but not to the point that all you taste is hops, smells great too. I have to figure our where I can buy some to bring home.

saw this in my local beer store this weekend and was intrigued but went with Southern Tier's winter beer instead. i'll try it out next. i like their other beers.

Alright... I'm going to need something to help unwind tonight...

I'm thinking either Troegs Mad Elf Ale or Victory Golden Monkey (just to give you an idea of what I'm in the mood for).

Heading to Corks and Kegs @ 6 if anybody has any recommendations to replace one (or both) of those two.

Polishing off a Little Sumpin' (Lagunitas) i had left over from a couple nights ago; off to explore & report back on what i find.

Drinking my Heavy Seas Greater Pumpkin Ale...their Great Pumpkin Ale aged in bourbon barrels. There is an incredible balance of pumpkin at first then the sweetness from the bourbon barrels. Very well done, I suggest it if you can grab it next season. Usually in the $8-9 range for a 22 oz bomber up here, I didn't realize I got charged only $6 for it until I was on my way back from the store.

(Wolf/Peach- Last Sunday I drank the Great Pumpkin I meant to give you. I'm still kinda pissed at myself for not transporting it down there)

Back