• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Loved it. Would definitely do it again. The whole 24 hr period...drive up from W-S in the snow...AVL breweries...dinner downtown...XMAS Jam...it was an amazing day.

How'd it go for you?

Awesome. Only thing I would have changed would have been more Trey sit-ins -- whether with Mule or Les Bros. Or that Warren would have sat in during Trey's main set. There was a mic on stage next to Trey the whole time I assumed was for that. Yeah, they played some acoustic stuff but that's not what you wanna see.

Lucky for me the Lowe's in Lewisville posted they had bombers of CBS and I got the last one after work yesterday.

Had this years Green Man Holly King at Brawley's last night. I thought it was REALLY solid. Being sold in 4 packs instead of bombers this yet it appears.

Grabbed a bottle of Epic Big Bad Baptista yesterday. Anything in the Big Bad Baptist line is delicious. I've spent too much on beer recently so didn't splurge for the Triple Barrel Big Bad Baptist.

Heading to Birdsong after work for my favorite Charlotte beer, Honey Pie!

Heard Bells Hopslam is making its way to shelves now. It falls in the cold mountain category for me - If I see it on draft I'll have one but I'm not going out of my way to get it.

Heard Bells Hopslam is making its way to shelves now. It falls in the cold mountain category for me - If I see it on draft I'll have one but I'm not going out of my way to get it.

Priced at $20 for a six pack, believe this is up $2 over last year. I'm with you good beer I'll get on tap but overpriced in stores

I keep hearing Hopslam is one of the best yet, and this was the first year I decided not to grab any.

I keep hearing Hopslam is one of the best yet, and this was the first year I decided not to grab any.

It is better than I remember it being. Had it last night but certainly am not going to spend $20 on a 6er

It is better than I remember it being. Had it last night but certainly am not going to spend $20 on a 6er

Got it for $17, but I occasionally spend $9-10 on a good bomber, and even $20 for a 6er of Hopslam is a better deal than that (.27 an ounce for Hopslam v. .45 for $10 bomber).

Was in Raleigh over the weekend and went to Trophy (pizza location). Have had some of their stuff before but was glad to try more of it. Delicious all around. Also - pizza was solid.

Picked up a Hopslam keg for $40 and a 6er of Nugget Nectar for $12 at a local beer store last night. Think they had one 6er of Hopslam left for $20 but figured the keg was more fun for our Super Bowl party.

Girlfriend and I tried Pliny the Younger for the first time yesterday and came away very impressed. I'm a big Pliny the Elder fan but was skeptical that the Younger could live up to the ridiculous reputation. But it did. Surprisingly smooth for its 10.5% ABV this year. We also ordered a pint of Elder to compare the two.

df2ff9382a1aaad397003105a4f8eaaa.jpg

Bonus: Foothills sticker on the wall in the background

Last edited:
There's a brewery near me that has all you can drink for $300, and the place has 2 cornhole sets, a ping pong table and 2 dart boards. Might be a winner.

Back