• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Yea we'll probably make it to a brewery at some point, but I'm more looking for stuff we can't get in NC (Surly, Three Floyds, etc) and the hopes of finding a bourbon county variant on Friday.

Unless the laws/distribution changed, you won't find Bourbon County. At least I couldn't find any in 2016, 2014, 2012...

Unless the laws/distribution changed, you won't find Bourbon County. At least I couldn't find any in 2016, 2014, 2012...

Saw decently long thread on beer advocate about who had it last year (generally for ohio). Not sure if you're comment on laws is specific to counties or whole state.

Picked up some Lagunitas “Born Yesterday” fresh hopped, unfiltered pale ale. One of my favorite fresh hopped beers and really happy to have found it this late in the season!

Saw decently long thread on beer advocate about who had it last year (generally for ohio). Not sure if you're comment on laws is specific to counties or whole state.

I don't really know if it's local or regional, but in Xenia/BeaverCreek area I've never found it.

Aaaand I've just found some at a place called Rob's Beer Barn in Beaver Creek.

Edit: asked a proprietor and this is the first or second year Bourbon County has been distributed, there used to be a 12% law.

Last edited:
Pretty good beer day. One of the local bars tapped 2015, 2017 and 2018 Bourbon County Stout so we tried all 3. Then we stopped by the newly opened Hi Wire tap room where I had quite a few different beers including Lo Pitch IPA, Brut Double IPA which was really interesting and Over the Top Rope from Trophy.

Pretty good beer day. One of the local bars tapped 2015, 2017 and 2018 Bourbon County Stout so we tried all 3. Then we stopped by the newly opened Hi Wire tap room where I had quite a few different beers including Lo Pitch IPA, Brut Double IPA which was really interesting and Over the Top Rope from Trophy.

Good haul!

When the Brewer’s Kettle in HP moved, they tapped a keg of KBS and CBS for opening weekend.

Stumbled on Founders KBS for the first time while doing some liquor shopping on Friday, so I picked up a couple of bottles. Just cracked one open - tasty!

Stumbled on Founders KBS for the first time while doing some liquor shopping on Friday, so I picked up a couple of bottles. Just cracked one open - tasty!

I'm impressed mostly because it is a spring release. Where are you located if you don't mind?

I grabbed a couple of bottles of BCBS while grocery shopping this evening. Drinking one now and will store the others for special occasions.

I'm impressed mostly because it is a spring release. Where are you located if you don't mind?

I grabbed a couple of bottles of BCBS while grocery shopping this evening. Drinking one now and will store the others for special occasions.

It was in Tarpon Springs, FL. Was in that area for Thanksgiving and passed the time by hitting a couple of the better liquor stores. I had never seen it in FL before (plenty of the regular Breakfast Stout), so I figured I needed to give it a shot. They also had 2017 Bourbon County Stout (the regular) for $9.99 and some of the 2018 vanilla and orange for $20 plus. I grabbed a bottle of the 2017, as I figured it may be a few years before I end up drinking it anyway. I already have way too much high octane beer in my outside fridge, and just don't drink it very often.

The purchaser at the grocery store noticed me grabbing a few bottles of BCBS and mentioned how long it had stayed around last year in his store. He was able to get variants last year but none this year. Should've grabbed a bottle of them as they tend to go much more quickly than just the BCBS.

Agreed on the last part though - not to sure how often I would actually crack one of these open besides special occasions.

I don't really know if it's local or regional, but in Xenia/BeaverCreek area I've never found it.

Yea - I talked to a guy at a shop in Columbus and they got rid of the 12% law a few years ago.

Good news for me going up from NC is that NC has a 15% law, so I was able to get the 15.2% version of BCBS instead of the 14.7% - not a big deal but something different.

Also was able to get the Midnight Orange variant which was also 15.2 which they couldn't sell in NC.

Had a chance to get all the variants but the place I went was releasing one variant per hour and I wasn't going to sit there for 6 hours or drive back and forth for it.

And Finnegan's Wake has the following on tap:
Dead and Berried
KBS
Bourbon County
Bourbon County Barleywine (last year)

Could make for a devastating evening.

Anybody had any good Milkshake IPAs? Picked up a sixer of Odell's Cloud Catcher and am enjoying it. Lot like a juice bomb.

Anybody had any good Milkshake IPAs? Picked up a sixer of Odell's Cloud Catcher and am enjoying it. Lot like a juice bomb.

Yeah, that's solid. Lots of milkshake IPAs in Denver that don't leave the metro area. Weldwerks has done a bunch of good ones this year.

Back