• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

I'm sipping a Yards Pale Ale. They make a few very good brews.

Oh and I forgot but I dipped into my stash of Mad Elf last night while watching my roommate and his girlfriend decorate the Xmas tree

Had a bottle of the Sam Adam's Infinium tonight - very, very good. I also have a bottle of Victory Dark Intrigue which is the Storm King stout aged in a bourbon barrel.

I got a bottle of Infinium waiting for me back home. Looking forward to trying it.

I got a bottle of Infinium waiting for me back home. Looking forward to trying it.

I had my first bottle of Infinium last Christmas and loved it. Really unique taste, very crisp. Unlike any beer I've ever tasted. It's pricey, but as a once-a-year treat it's worth it in my mind.

I'm having a Big Boss Aces & Ates Coffee Stout that was aged in a Buffalo Trace barrel. Heaven in a glass.

Don't hate...

are they bottling that stuff now? makes the xmas season even better when i can find that stuff on tap

so dumb question, but if i have a growler from raleigh and am passing through winston, will foothills fill it?

i ask because once in DC a bar wouldnt fill my growler and wanted me to specifically buy their bottle. never had a problem anywhere else and just dont want to come unprepared on my way to the moutnains

so dumb question, but if i have a growler from raleigh and am passing through winston, will foothills fill it?

i ask because once in DC a bar wouldnt fill my growler and wanted me to specifically buy their bottle. never had a problem anywhere else and just dont want to come unprepared on my way to the moutnains

NC law changed, effective 04/01/11. NC breweries can now fill any other brewery's growler, provided they affix their own label.

http://ncrules.state.nc.us/ncac/ti ... .0308.html

04 NCAC 02T .0308 GROWLERS
(a) As used in this Rule, a growler is a refillable container no larger than 2 liters (0.5283 gallons) into which a malt beverage is poured for off-premises consumption.
(b) Holders of a brewery permit that have retail permits pursuant to G.S. 18B-1001(2), may sell growlers filled with the brewery's malt beverage for off-premises consumption provided a label is affixed to the growler that accurately provides the information as required by 04 NCAC 02T .0303 and .0305.
(c) Holders of a brewery permit that have retail permits pursuant to G.S. 18B-1001(2), may refill customer's growlers provided a label is affixed to the growler that accurately provides the information as required by 04 NCAC 02T .0303 and .0305.
(d) Breweries that refill growlers sold by other breweries shall relabel the growler prior to filling it with malt beverage.
(e) Breweries that refill growlers sold by other breweries shall remove, deface or cover any permanent or non-permanent labels prior to affixing a new label.

NC law changed, effective 04/01/11. NC breweries can now fill any other brewery's growler, provided they affix their own label.

From what I can tell, none are planning to do it here in Charlotte. Too much work/$$ to have labels made up that cover the entire label of whatever brewery you got it from. And then they would need to clean/de-gunk the growler when you bring it in with someone elses sticker on it.

Are the breweries near you filling other growlers?

Just landed in Michigan. I am of the opinion it is the best beer state. Bells and Founders are incredible.

Just finished the first week of my new job at a brewery. All the free bottles from low fills, packaging defects, etc. is so clutch.

Just finished the first week of my new job at a brewery. All the free bottles from low fills, packaging defects, etc. is so clutch.

:drool:

I'm friends with the yeast supervisor at Troegs. She gets crazy discounts, and a free case a month.

From what I can tell, none are planning to do it here in Charlotte. Too much work/$$ to have labels made up that cover the entire label of whatever brewery you got it from. And then they would need to clean/de-gunk the growler when you bring it in with someone elses sticker on it.

Are the breweries near you filling other growlers?

Most of the times here, the bartender just exchanges out the growler for one of theirs.

Back