• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Homebrew. Nothing but. If you're culinarily inclined, it's awesome.

DSC02280.JPG

Enjoyed a couple of these Smuttynose Farmhouse Ales last night.

I am also starting my first homebrew today, any tips or advice from experienced brewers? I am starting out with a prepackaged iris red kit.

DSC02280.JPG

Enjoyed a couple of these Smuttynose Farmhouse Ales last night.

I am also starting my first homebrew today, any tips or advice from experienced brewers? I am starting out with a prepackaged iris red kit.

Make sure you budget more time (and space) then you think you'll need. First two or three times are slow going, but you'll get more efficient with time.

Stopped by Sam's in Durham today and picked up a six pack of Avery IPA (in cans!), a six pack of Brooklyn Pennant '55 Ale, and a six pack of Terrapin Sunray Wheat

OSDToy and I like the Magic Hat Circus Boy hefeweizen. It has only been available in the variety packs in NC for the last two years, the six-packs were gone. Here is an email the I got from Magic Hat on Monday:

Hi OSD,

At the moment, Circus Boy will only be found in the Spring Fever Variety
12-Pak. However, in the coming weeks, perhaps the beginning of May, we'll be
reintroducing Circus Boy to all the states in which we're distributed. He'll
be available in 6-packs on his own year-round.

Cheers,
The Voice

Very pleased to hear this!

Fired up my own batch last night. Vienna Lager. Added in hints of ginger and brown sugar. It will be ready to drink around 5/5.

If you like bourbon county stout or other heavy stouts like it, cellar it for like six months-a year (or more I guess). MY GOD. This is heaven. Soooooo smooth and really brings through the taste of the bourbon barrels.

Why not just make your own shandy whenever you feel like it? More flexible and more delicious.

Just bought a sixer of Sierra Nevada "Glissade" Golden Boch today. Good stuff; not too hoppy, not too sweet.

Just bought a sixer of Sierra Nevada "Glissade" Golden Boch today. Good stuff; not too hoppy, not too sweet.

Had this last year. It was alright, but nothing I was rushing to grab again.

The beer here in Guatemala is turrible.

Haha - I have experienced that. If I recall, there is Dorado (golden?) and Gallo (rooster?) or something like that. I think my buddy said that Gallo is the "working man's" beer, while Dorado is the upper class beer. I don't recall either being very good though. The one thing that Guatemala did have that was mighty tasty was Lime and Salt Fritos.

Back