• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Has anyone had any of the Russian River Beers? I have heard great things about Plimy the Elder and Plimy the Younger, but they don't have distributors in MD.

I had a Pliny the Elder on tap out in SF the week after the Wake/Stanford debacle and was totally unimpressed. To me it was just another super hoppy beer with very little complexity. I know it is very highly regarded, so my opinion is probably in the minority, and I guess my palate is just not suited for that type of beer. For people that really like Hopslam, Arrogant Bastard, etc it is probably very good. I had a DFH Sahtea (sp?) on tap after that, and it was soooo freaking good. Maybe one of the best beers I have ever had. I have had it in the bottle a few times and liked it, but it seemed so much better on tap. It was so smooth and the chai flavor really came out.

The bar I was at before the O's game had Summer Shandy in a can...I did the sweetest double-take ever. Did not get it otherwise I'd report back.

Had a few Southern Tier Pale Ale's last night. Great beer. Similar to MH #9, but much better.

Had a few Southern Tier Pale Ale's last night. Great beer. Similar to MH #9, but much better.

Last week at Trivia they had a question about what state Southern Tier was brewed in. Easy. New York!

In Southern New York?

Map_of_New_York_highlighting_Southern_Tier.png

The brewery is in Lakewood, near Jamestown. It'd be in the further west patch of light green.

Last edited:
also, Sam's in Durham is selling these for $5. Fucking awesome deal.

4987958651_e598419f57.jpg

Grabbed a Victory mix pack today for $12.99 and I'll probably go back and grab a few more tomorrow. Four each of Hop Devil, Golden Monkey, and Prima Pils for a buck a piece. Yes please!

Troegs Pale Ale
Reading Premium Beer

The former is simply the best pale ale I've had (i post about it probably too much).
The latter is a new release of an old beer. Very cheap, very tasty.

Haven't had their regular IPA yet, but Avery's Maharaja is one of my favorite imperial IPAs ever

I toured Avery last time I visited my sister out in Boulder. Great facility. Their tap room was amazing. All of their imperial aged beers on draft.

That sounds sick BBD. If I ever make it out to CO, Avery and Oskar Blues are high on my list of places to check out.

That sounds sick BBD. If I ever make it out to CO, Avery and Oskar Blues are high on my list of places to check out.

yeah, it's really useful having a sibling out there. Makes it a lot easier to justify hopping on a plane and visiting.

Hmm my sister is a hippie, maybe I can convince her to look at UC Boulder for grad school. Good tip.

if she's a hippie she would love it. the place is like Carrboro but 8 times bigger.

plus, you know, medical mj

Grabbed a Victory mix pack today for $12.99 and I'll probably go back and grab a few more tomorrow. Four each of Hop Devil, Golden Monkey, and Prima Pils for a buck a piece. Yes please!

that victory sampler is awesome, three very good beers. consistently a wise choise

Back