• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

that victory sampler is awesome, three very good beers. consistently a wise choise

Victory is one of my favorite breweries. I've never been a big pilsner fan, but their Prima Pils is outstanding.

Grabbed a couple big bottles of Young's Double Chocolate on Friday night. It's a nice beer every now and then.

Several of my friends say Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy is really good so I may check that out this afternoon.

Mmmmm.....

6 pack of Big Boss Blanco Diablo:

voybrp.jpg

And a 4pack of the newly rebranded/reimaged Imperial White:

sam%2Bwit.JPG

Doesn't get any better than this ... best hefeweiss in the world. As soon as the weather warmed up, I was addicted again.

weihenstephaner4.jpg

I'm drinking Coors Light. My parents are boring when it comes to beers.

Victory is one of my favorite breweries. I've never been a big pilsner fan, but their Prima Pils is outstanding.

Somebody this weekend brought like 10 bottles of 2.5 year aged V12. So great. He also had some of their Yakima Glory that knocked me on my ass.

Doesn't get any better than this ... best hefeweiss in the world. As soon as the weather warmed up, I was addicted again.

weihenstephaner4.jpg

they serve this at the biergartenhaus in DC, soooo soooo good in the summer

1. Belgian ales are the best, though I rarely drink them because they're so pricy.
2. Not a Guinness fan. If I'm going with a stout, I'd go with Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout or Old Rasputin.
3. Best hoppy or IPA: Victory's Hop Devil.
4. Best brown: Legend's in Richmond.
5. Favorite other ales: Rogue Dead Guy and South Street's (in Cville) Absolution Ale.

Had dinner at South Street a couple of weeks ago. Did one of the tastings with a friend. I've always enjoyed their Satan's Pony. Not sure if I've ever had their absolution ale.

Somebody this weekend brought like 10 bottles of 2.5 year aged V12. So great. He also had some of their Yakima Glory that knocked me on my ass.

V12 is the bomb - they have it on tap at the Victory brew pub. I have two growlers of it in my fridge.

I'll copy my post from the Harpoon tour in Boston, went there on Saturday

Yesterday we did the Harpoon brewery tour up in Boston....my friend said it was 10x better than Sam Adams. Went over the grains and the process but since we don't get much of a Harpoon selection down here I most enjoyed the tasting portion. At the beginning of the tour they gave us some of the stardard IPA, then we had the IPA straight out of the filtration tank. This one was still a few days out from being a finished product, so it was a bit more cloudy and didn't have a very clean taste but it was still good, then when we got out of there we got the finished product again. Unfortunately they were getting a new kegging machine so the bottling stuff was under construction and they couldn't let us in there, but they comped the tours for the day (normally $5)

For the tasting they gave us a glass and gave us generous pours (I think only 2 oz is the legal limit in Massachusetts but they were probably giving us four) on whatever beers we wanted for about 20 minutes, no limit and their entire selection. I branched out and started with their Harpoon Dark, and dunkel-type that had a very nice balance of chocolate and malts and seemed to be a favorite with a lot of the workers/brewers. They also do a series where their workers are able to submit creations and the best gets 100 barrels produced, so I had that which was their 25th anniversary original IPA from one of the creators that was very much like the normal IPA but had a really awesome lemonish kick at the end. The only other one I got around to was the UFO White (Blue Moon but laughably better) and got a taste of another one from a friend, think it was the Belgian Pale Ale that was pretty good. I'd recommend it but drink faster than I did because last call was exactly one hour from the start.

I had previously celebrated Bell's entire catalog, however, their Oarsman Ale is truly, truly awful.

Oberon is my go to beer (cause they have it at the grocery store). Hopslam and Two Hearted are solid too. Their Cherry Stout kinda sucks.

Bought the Ommegang mix pack last night, can't go wrong - solid mix of Belgium style beers - you get the Belgium Pale Ale (Saison), the Witte, the Abbey Ale (my favorite) and Three Philosophers, an over the top Quadruple - can be a little sweet for some people, but is awesome when people bring out the cheese and meat plates for wine, just take a 3 Philosophers, much more enjoyable.

Had dinner at South Street a couple of weeks ago. Did one of the tastings with a friend. I've always enjoyed their Satan's Pony. Not sure if I've ever had their absolution ale.

Absolution is seasonal - like Oct-April or something. Not a huge fan of most of their other beers, but Absolution is amazing.

Shit. That looks good! I loved their milk stout.

Ugh. I like their imperial, but I thought the milk stout tasted like vomit. Maybe the batch I had went skunky or something, but damn that shit was nasty.

Back