• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

I drank this over the holiday weekend. I felt like I was drinking a cognac. It was enjoyable to try something so different. I hear that the Sam Adams Utopia is similar.

dogfishhead.jpg

Last edited:
Love the 120 min every once in a while. Wouldn't want to drink it every day.

highly recommend the recently-opened VBGB beer garden near the NC Music Factory in CLT for anyone wanting to try out some new brews

currently drinking a Pyramid Curveball Blonde Ale (their summer seasonal).

it's really good. nice and light, but still kind of packing a punch (and i'm a lightweight... and this is a 24oz bottle).

have growlers of these 2 belgian beauties for the weekend:

houblon-chouffe-dobbelen-ipa-tripel.jpg

3300806264_bdb6a36a41.jpg

Finally found some Wells Banana Bread at the local Total Wine. Drinking a banana split, half Wells and half Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Simply awesome.

I think I read about that blend over here. Many thanks to whoever suggested that.

A buddy of mine just moved and he had a bunch of beer that he didn't want to pack up into boxes and move to his new place. So I got (for free):

3 bottles of Founders Breakfast Stout
10 bottles of Bells Special Double Cream Stout
2 bottles of St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout
2 bottles of Bluegrass Brewing Company Jefferson's Reserve Bourbon Barrel Stout

Awesome.

I went to a Kenny Chesney concert last Friday night. In honor of my whereabouts, I had many of these:

pabst-blue-ribbon.jpg

got some of this for cold weather. such goodness.

irs.png

Saw these for the first time this weekend. I have always enjoyed Stella Artois in the summer when it is hot, and now the cans make it perfect for pool sitting (no glass allowed at the pool). 14.9 oz cans too.

1257.jpg

Should also help prevent the biggest problem with Stella, which is it's high skunk factor.

Should also help prevent the biggest problem with Stella, which is it's high skunk factor.

So true.

Went out to the Stoudts brewery this weekend - solid place, their normal bears are just so-so, but their big beers and seasonals are good. Their Triple and the Wheat beer were solid, this was my favorite:

beer_ipa-sm.jpg

high on friday and saturday will be about 70 (if not cooler). fall will be officially here!

6a0120a8d53767970b01348825f71d970c-500wi

foothills-fest.jpg

cottonwood-pumpkin.jpg

269-crazy-black-kid-surprise-b.gif

Been all over the Pumpkin beers so far - my favorite is the Southern Tier Pumpking

body_pumking%2022oz%20bottle.jpg

For the price, if you can find the Fegley Brewworks Devious Imperial Pumpkin, it is reasonably priced and pretty damn good too:

Product%20-%20Fegleys%20Brew%20Works%20Devious%20Imperial%20Pumpkin.preview.jpg

The Blue Moon one sucks.

Back