• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

What do you guys think is the best pumpkin beer? Looking to get some.

Also, the Shock Top one sucks too. So does the Wolavers organic pumpkin.

The Saranac one is ok. Southern Tier the best - they had a keg of the Southern Tier Pumpking from 2009 on tap at a bar in downtown Philly called Misconduct Bar last weekend - was really freaking good.

Ended up with the Schlafly Pumpkin. Reviews seemed good. Will report back when I try it.

Had a bad experience with pumpkin beer at the Clemson game in 2008.

cookoutdeac and DF2009 can testify.

this is an interesting pumpkin option...not overly spiced and/or "pumpkin-y" so i liked it okay:

fishermans_pumpkin_stout.jpg

Shipyard Pumpkinhead.

I know that "to each his own" applies to beer preferences, but I have to say that Pumpkinhead goes down as one of the worst beers I have ever had. Very, very thin and the spices just didn't work for me. In fact, it may be one of 2-3 beers that has ever been poured down the drain.

Hands down Weyerbacher Imperial Pumkin and Dogfish Head Punkin.

The Weyerbacher is good, and since you must be somewhere around here if Weyerbacher is distributing to your area, if you can find the Fegley Brewworks Devious Imperial Pumpkin, it is better and half the price. More spice & vanilla, stronger pumpkin taste.

FYI - I'm a rep for Fegley's Brewworks

FYI 2 - I'm not really, I just post like it

I know that "to each his own" applies to beer preferences, but I have to say that Pumpkinhead goes down as one of the worst beers I have ever had. Very, very thin and the spices just didn't work for me. In fact, it may be one of 2-3 beers that has ever been poured down the drain.

See, the spice blend & the fact that it's not a thick heavy beer are some of the reasons I like it. But that's why there are so many options out there, so everyone can find a style/brand they like.

I'm not a big fan of most pumpkin beers, but Southern Tier and Dogfish Head are by far the best I have had.

Not pumpkin, but I am really enjoying the Victory Festbier

I'm not a big fan of most pumpkin beers, but Southern Tier and Dogfish Head are by far the best I have had.

Not pumpkin, but I am really enjoying the Victory Festbier

Of the Marzen variety, I really like the Victory Festbier. Tonight at the local Mega Total Wine, I picked up one of about every Oktoberfest/Marzen style.

I picked up singles of:

Magic Hat Hex Ourtoberfest
Victory Festbier
Duck Rabbit Dopplebock
Highland Clawhammer
Bells Oktoberfest
Cottonwood Pumpkin Ale

And 6 packs of the Duck Rabbit Marzen and Woodchuck Pumpkin Cider.

I ought to have plenty of good beer for a while :)

Picked up a growler of Southern Tier Harvest (ESB) today at lunch. Looking forward to trying it out.

Back