• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Cold mountain this year definitely has much more fruit/spice flavor. I don't like it as much as previous years with more vanilla/coffee/nuttiness. Tastes extremely similar to Christmas Ale IMHO.

My brother works at Whole Foods and snagged a case of this year’s Bourbon County Stout which he generously split with me and my Dad.

Made a trip to Asheville and spent some time at Highland. Their Coconut Cold Mountain is really good. Also bought a case of their Black Watch, which is a double milk stout. Supposedly it's been around for years but I've never seen it, but it's really good as well.

Their Midnight Summit is probably one of my favorite beers in NC, but it's not released until around January.

Oh man, I would love to try the coconut cold mountain.
Picked up all the Bourbon County varieties at City Bev. The London Fog tea one was.. interesting.

Made a trip to Asheville and spent some time at Highland. Their Coconut Cold Mountain is really good. Also bought a case of their Black Watch, which is a double milk stout. Supposedly it's been around for years but I've never seen it, but it's really good as well.

Their Midnight Summit is probably one of my favorite beers in NC, but it's not released until around January.

I wish they’d bring back their POW! That was a damn fine beer.

I picked up some of Wilmington’s Queen Kong at Fermental down in Wilmington over thanksgiving. That’s a solid beer if you happen to see it down there.

My brother works at Whole Foods and snagged a case of this year’s Bourbon County Stout which he generously split with me and my Dad.

I picked up 17 bottles (including all the variants except Birthday) through online outlets and it was so much better than having to wait in line as usual. And also ended up with 5 Dark Lords this year, which I otherwise would not have gotten. The COVID online beer ordering has been one of the only positives of the outbreak.

Had the Caramella Wheatwine this past weekend and it was amazing.

BCBS is still the best (I think it puts Dark Lord to shame).

My Dad got me a bottle of Burial’s A Portal Beyond Nonexistence and it is just spectacular. One of the best beers I’ve ever had no doubt.

My Dad got me a bottle of Burial’s A Portal Beyond Nonexistence and it is just spectacular. One of the best beers I’ve ever had no doubt.

Oh yeah, that's a good one.

A friend shared some "The Bounds of Visionary Unreality Will Exist Nevermore" with me last weekend, and I think that might be my favorite imperial stout from them ever. They absolutely nailed it.

Burial is just so good in general. Surf Wax is always a reliable go-to and Savages of the Ruminating Mind is my favorite beer period right now. When they announced a tap room in the Triangle I was super pumped but disappointed that it was (a) in Raleigh and (b) ended up being a tiny spot in the food hall. Regardless, great to have a local option when they do releases and I’ve also started to notice more of their stuff showing up in the bottle shops by me.

Tired Hands ships to VA/DC now. You have to buy 4 4-packs in order for them to ship

Ingles had a bunch of bottles of Bourbon County Stout. I’ve never had before but heard it’s good. Is it rare for it to be easy to get? Don’t they do a Black Friday release or is that for a more limited variant?

Lots still sitting on shelves this year. Not sure if due to increased production or something else.

Tired Hands ships to VA/DC now. You have to buy 4 4-packs in order for them to ship

FYI you can buy now with the code NEWYEARNEWDUD to get free shipping till 1/31. Bought some 4 packs as well as some bombers. Looking forward to it, never had them before.

Back