• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

I thought Oberon was year-round. Never felt special to me.

Def a very good beer though.

I thought Oberon was year-round. Never felt special to me.

Def a very good beer though.

Yeah this is what I meant when I said not the greatest, but I am not too sure what is. Definitely my favorite, go-to summer beer

Nope...in that style what do you put above it?

I have blanche de bruxelles...what else?

I wasn’t thinking in-style, just all-around. It’s also not my favorite style, so grain of salt.

Anyone have any recs for breweries to hit while in Tampa?

Cigar city for sure... but Angry Chair is really good and doubt many people have heard of them. I'd say they may be better overall than Cigar City from my one trip there. Everything was delicious.

If you have a chance to drive to St. Pete, go to Cycle. They're known for their stouts but rarely have them on draft (the other stuff is eh). If you can get bottles, do it.

Anyone done one of the brewery tours by tube in AVL? Prefer one of the companies over the other? Good time in general?

Anyone done one of the brewery tours by tube in AVL? Prefer one of the companies over the other? Good time in general?

Not exactly a brewery tour, but my wife and I have used www.ashevilleoutdoorcenter.com/

We did kayaks, but they also have SUPs and tubes. We went in the Fall and the water was crystal clear. They take you up river...beer on tap at the takeout and usually grilling food or a food truck. Short drive to Wedge when you're done. Great time!

Believe the hype, y’all. This is really fucking good beer.

9b9e0f913c18377cb5270ed70ded4cb3.jpg

Pretty sure it's been mentioned on this thread before but if you are in or near Charlotte, you need to get over to Resident Culture brewing. Head brewer is a Wake grad and the beer is phenomenal.

Knocked back a couple more imperial IPAs over he last few days: 1 from Hill Farmstead and one from Alchemist. These beers are super legit; awesome hop flavor and aroma but very well balanced.

572c8b80b8e8cda6871920d36f5bebc3.jpg

Another year of Southern Pines Drunken Vigils and another top 5 NC beer.

Just got some GABF tickets on presale; going to hit up Thursday night again this year.

Tickets go on sale to the public tomorrow, as an FYI for anyone considering going.

Back