• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

this is the first year I've picked some up...I enjoy it a lot. I'm getting a pretty nutty finish. Very smooth.

this is the first year I've picked some up...I enjoy it a lot. I'm getting a pretty nutty finish. Very smooth.

oh-my-takei.gif

They still mark it up 2 or 3 times normal retail, and break up the 12 packs to where you can only buy a couple 12 oz bottles at a time? I kind of quit checking because of that.

I only bought a bomber, but it seemed like a reasonable price. I had a few rounds with me tab, so I can't tell you exactly what it was. The were selling the 12s in packs of 12s. They're also tapping it and the Imperial version tonight at 6, which I expect to find myself at.

The bottles I bought at Ingles were like $6 and the 12 packs were like $22. Most of the local Asheville 6 packs are in the $9-10 range, including all the regular Highland offerings, so this isn't really much of a premium.

Scored a couple bombers of Olde Rabbit's Foot from Duck Rabbit last night.

Cold Mountain is overrated (cc unpopular opinions thread).

Wicked Weed Milk & Cookies available out there now. Very good this year.

I don’t get the craze over Cold Mountain. It’s good, but you can get it everywhere.

It’s good, but you can get it everywhere.

It's definitely not that adventure of years past. Walk into local Lowes, find giant pallet of Cold Mountain, profit.

Looking forward to tasting with friends this weekend.

For like a month at best. Does beer have to be exclusive to be great?

No, but it needs to be exclusive for me to madly hunt for it.

Got some cans of Santa's Cookies from Champion in Charlottesville. It's a very good spiced stout.

Went to the newest (for now) triad brewery last night - Little Brother. Really cool spot and a much better use for the space than idiot box was. Not a lot of their own beer on tap yet but what they did have was pretty decent.

Made it to Russian River Brewing and tried everything that was available:

042cc578b5254cb2d3d20ffdbe55e8c5.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone pull in a big bourbon county hall on black friday?

I grabbed 2 bottles without much effort. Unfortunately once again no variants released in the Triad, or probably in NC anywhere :(

Anyone pull in a big bourbon county hall on black friday?

I grabbed 2 bottles without much effort. Unfortunately once again no variants released in the Triad, or probably in NC anywhere :(

I believe the TotalWine in Charlotte had variants. But yeah, not super accessible here.

Did a '15 '16 '17 vertical on bourbon county on Saturday night. '15 was surprisingly boozy for 2 years aged. I'm convinced one year aged is the sweet spot.

This is why I hate you Californians.

I'll be in Palm Springs in 2 weeks. Maybe I can find a beer store there that has it.

Their website lists (by CA city) the shops that stock Pliny (or have it on tap). Do your research and you will be rewarded...;););)

I didn't get an advent beer (or bourbon) calendar, so I'm making my own. First night was the Avery Vanilla Stout. Too boozy, good taste otherwise. Not worth the price.

Their website lists (by CA city) the shops that stock Pliny (or have it on tap). Do your research and you will be rewarded...;););)
Eh, it's pretty hard to find Pliny on the shelf in Cali even if it's on the distribution list

Back