• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

I work upstairs from Incendiary. Talked with one of the owners at lunch and he said they're doing a friends and family night tomorrow but otherwise no soft open. So, Saturday at noon.
They've got five beers ready to go: https://untappd.com/IncendiaryBrewing/beer
And they've got a number of guest kegs they've brought in to help ease the burden so they don't run out, they said mostly from Charlotte breweries and they tried to get stuff you normally wouldn't see distributed.
They get to use the full patio this weekend (stage is already set up on the far end) but normal liquor license operation will be just the section directly in front of their space (which is still a good 3000sqft or so).

They'll be the 7th craft brewery in Winston-Salem.

giphy-37.gif

I went to Incendiary on Saturday afternoon, they have five of their beers on, all fairly decent, though I liked the blonde the best.
Felt like all of Winston was there.
Downpoured around 7pm and wind blew the tents over, music was cancelled. Bathrooms inside overflowed.
They're carting the portopotties away now. Not sure how Sunday/Monday went.

Sunday was smooth while we were there, around 2-4 or so. I feel like many folks that don't go to bars/breweries much were there since there was one long line for the corner of the bar and a long wait, but no wait if you went to other parts of the bar.

awesome space a great addition to downtown

Sunday was smooth while we were there, around 2-4 or so. I feel like many folks that don't go to bars/breweries much were there since there was one long line for the corner of the bar and a long wait, but no wait if you went to other parts of the bar.

Yes, this happened Saturday afternoon too, I walked in, saw like a dozen people there and just walked down the other end, got served immediately. It was baffling.

Cold Mountain out for distribution yesterday/today, FYI. I still love it, and the chase makes it taste even better. I don't remember it being quite $28 for a 12 pack, though.

Cold Mountain out for distribution yesterday/today, FYI. I still love it, and the chase makes it taste even better. I don't remember it being quite $28 for a 12 pack, though.

yeah we got ours yesterday. wife grabbed a couple of 6 packs at the Ingles by her school during lunch and I grabbed a couple more and a few big bottles at the one by our house on the way home, which shockingly still had plenty at the end of the day. only $22 around here though.

it's a little more bitter than last year's but if you let it open up for a few minutes in the glass it has a nice flavor.

Went to Ommegang over the weekend - kinda unimpressed with the lack of different beers at the brewery. All their mass produced stuff is still pretty good - I hadnt had their bourbon barrel aged beers - the smoked vanilla porter was really good, so was the Adoration. The mother of dragons one was a bit odd, smoked porter and raspberries- I still bought it, might grow on me.

What are the breweries to go to in WS now?

Had some wise hands recently and liked it but also saw small batch, incendiary, and fiddling fish when I looked online.

I would rank them as:

Wise Man
Incendiary
Joymongers
Fiddlin Fish
Foothills
Small Batch
Hoots
Other Side of the Moon
West Bend

Last edited:
I would rank them as:

Wise Man
Incendiary
Joymongers
Fiddlin Fish
Foothills
Small Batch
Hoots
Other Side of the Moon
West Bend

Wow that is a lengthy list for the dash. Does that seem tenable in the long term?

I'm headed to Dayton area tomorrow. There's like at least 10 breweries in Columbus, fill growlers/crowlers?

Yea we'll probably make it to a brewery at some point, but I'm more looking for stuff we can't get in NC (Surly, Three Floyds, etc) and the hopes of finding a bourbon county variant on Friday.

Back