• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Boss Beer Thread

Can’t blame them for taking the money, but I can decide to never do business with them because I don’t want to fund Anheuser-Busch.

Wicked Weed did a huge roll out in TX a couple of years ago and their stuff just sat on the shelf. The people who knew about them didn't buy WW beers because the inbev connection while the people who don't care about that stuff didn't buy because they didn't want to spend $20 for a 375 ml bottle of beer. They really don't have much of a customer base outside of NC. Feels like it was a bad investment by inbev.

Burial was amazing - thanks - they had two collabs with Other Half and Trillium, which were great. Had some unique stuff that was less so - but their barleywine was solid too.

I had my second Iron Maiden beer recently-- their Sun & Steel. I'd had the Trooper a few years back and it was solid. Really like Sun & Steel too. Classified as a pils, but doesn't really taste like one to me. Just a nice, smooth drink. Drinks light like a pils, but lacks the bitterness. Very smooth.

And I've probably mentioned it somewhere in this thread before, but I have to recommend Rocket Frog again to all you DC Deacs (NoVA, specifically). The owners are longtime friends, and I have yet to have a bad beer from them. We have a shitload of breweries here in North Texas, and I can count on one hand the number that make reliably good beers. The market is just saturated with shit and mediocre beers. Their beer is top notch across the spectrum and they've worked hard to keep it viable during Covid. Winning a GABF medal within 6 months of opening probably didn't hurt either.

Highly recommend the pinball machine too

2dea1e7bc963e24b8d55c988b7d12aed.jpg

I’m starting to see Double Two Hearted pop up for this year. Highly enjoyable high gravity beer.

Any recs for Denver or Boulder breweries to hit on a visit? Feel like someone on here was a Denver resident at one point.

Any recs for Denver or Boulder breweries to hit on a visit? Feel like someone on here was a Denver resident at one point.

As a Denver resident, here are my picks:

Bierdstadt Lagerhaus
Cerebral Brewing
Our Mutual Friend
Ratio
Novel Strand Brewing
Crooked Stave
Fiction Beer Company
Cervercia Colorado
Raices
Black Shirt Brewing
Trve
Prost
Banded Oak
Baere
Joyride
New Belgium at the Source
Odell Taproom (Rhino)
Black Project

Boulder recs:

VisionQuest
Wild Provisions
Twisted Pine
Boulder Beer Co
Sanitas

I got so lit at Denver breweries two years ago I don't even recall which ones I went to. The altitude really gets you when you're drinking imperial stouts and DIPAs.

Gonna be in the Raleigh/Durham area this weekend. Any brewery recs?

man I don't get Hi Wire. Their beer is just ok to me but they are opening these far flung tap rooms all over the damn place -- Durham, Wilmington, Charlotte, Knoxville, Louisville, Cincinnati, and now Birmingham.

man I don't get Hi Wire. Their beer is just ok to me but they are opening these far flung tap rooms all over the damn place -- Durham, Wilmington, Charlotte, Knoxville, Louisville, Cincinnati, and now Birmingham.

They’re very good in the presence of great.

Throwing back some Pernicious IPA while slumming around Chapel Hill this weekend. Any must hit beer spots on this side of town?

Back