• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring Game Roll Call

My wife and I are running the Hospice Hope Run and staying for the spring game. Hospice, with the assistance of WFU, has linked the two events which I think is a great idea. They've made it a day-long event which will hopefully help attendance.

Would like to encourage others to do the same if you can. Run, walk or contribute to Hospice. As I'm sure you know, Hospice provides an invaluable service to this community.

My wife and I are running the Hospice Hope Run and staying for the spring game. Hospice, with the assistance of WFU, has linked the two events which I think is a great idea. They've made it a day-long event which will hopefully help attendance.

Would like to encourage others to do the same if you can. Run, walk or contribute to Hospice. As I'm sure you know, Hospice provides an invaluable service to this community.

Kudos for participating in the run, but this is the first I've heard of it. Will it be going on at the Stadium?

Pretty sure the race ends at the stadium. I heard some people talking about it last week who were thinking about running in it, but I wasn't paying that close of attention.

From http://www.hospicecarecenter.org/news_details.aspx?id=4

Save The Date: Saturday, April 16, 2011

The 15th Annual Hospice Hope Run will be held on Saturday, April 16, 2011. The Hope Run is a 10k Run and 5k Fitness Walk/Run with The Deacon Dash for Kids under 8. The event will be held at the Deacon Tower at the BB&T Field in Winston-Salem. On-line registration will open in Mid-February and is available at www.support4hospice.org

New this year is the Primo Team Tailgate! This is a primo location for Teams to meet and rally before and after the Run. They are also invited to stay for the Wake Forest Demon Deacon Spring game that follows the Run. Reservations to this exclusive area will open for Teams that have gone the extra mile. Reserving your space gives your Team members a primo spot near the start and finish area and near the main enterance to BB&T Field. To learn more go to www.support4hospice.org and click on Teams.

Looks like it starts at 8am. That was my main concern. Looks like they'll be serenaded by the sweet smell of oak and hickory while they start/finish.

Attendance will be severely impacted by weather I imagine. It could keep me away to be honest. I love Wake football but a spring game in crappy weather...meh. I guess I'm truly a "fair weather" fan. Go ahead me an NGA me if you must.

Yeah, I had planned a huge day of activities and cooking ribs but horrible weather will make it next to impossible. If it were a fall game, I'd be out there come hell or high water, but its not worth it for a spring scrimmage.

Stupid rain! Just hold off till 1pm or so ya damn storm clouds.

I'll be there. I've got rain gear, and I won't melt, so I'm in--it is a long time until September...

:tear:

7 am

12.gif

55° F

Precip:
60%

8 am

12.gif

56° F

Precip:
70%

9 am

12.gif

58° F

Precip:
80%

11 am

4.gif

62° F

Precip:
90%

12 pm

4.gif

63° F

Precip:
80%

1 pm

38.gif

65° F

Precip:
60%

2 pm

38.gif

66° F

Precip:
40%

3 pm

38.gif

68° F

Precip:
40%

4 pm

28.gif

69° F

Precip:
20%

any chance they move the game back a few hours?

What's the weather like in Winston this morning? It hasn't been nearly as bad or as wet down here at Lake Norman as they were predicting...

There are bands of heavy rain coming through, but mostly cloudy. The heavier storms are anticipated to come around mid day. In the mtns, they're starting to get some pretty significant storms.

The major stuff is coming through the Forsyth County area within the next hour.

IMHO, for the safety of the players, they're going to have to delay the start time or re-schedule.

Getting some thunder right now in Winston. I know they will postpone for lightning, but what about thunder?

Back