• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

where's the outrage?

It obviously doesn't mean much, but I didn't watch the Kentucky/UConn game. Both coaches are cheaters, and I can't stand it when cheaters win.

Meh - Calhoun is a cheat. He is weighing coming back to coaching to see how much more trouble he will get in...

The subtle accusations of racism in the article (by, for instance, making it clear that Calhoun is white and Jones is black) seem misguided. This is a story of big guy vs. little guy more than white vs. black. See, for instance, the Cam Newton and Ohio State treatments compared to the Perry Jones and Dez Bryant treatments.

The subtle accusations of racism in the article (by, for instance, making it clear that Calhoun is white and Jones is black) seem misguided. This is a story of big guy vs. little guy more than white vs. black. See, for instance, the Cam Newton and Ohio State treatments compared to the Perry Jones and Dez Bryant treatments.

Rich white guy versus poor black guy

Yea, that's the Calhoun vs. Jones thing. But then you have Cam Newton, who basically got away with murder.

The NCAA just blatantly favors the cash cow programs.

Murder is obviously being used as an example of an egregious violation. Understanding that, I 1000% agree with your post Texas.

But guys, rivals is a scouting service now. The NCAA is cracking down.

Not real murder, obviously. Just an egregious violation that he escaped almost unscathed, whereas other black players like Perry Jones and Dez Bryant got hammered. Perry for something he didn't know about, and Dez for literally not doing anything wrong until an investigation was launched and he lied because, as he says, he was worried and scared.

My general point was that the NCAA doesn't see black and white. It sees $$$$$.

Throwing in that Jones is African-American was done only to enflame. It's about dollars.

Back