• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

That Monopoly "Bank Error in Your Favor" Card is Bullshit; Fuck Wells Fargo

Maybe you didn't read the "to a point", or the other reference I made to that nonsensical extension. Of course not, because that's an obvious oversight. If you want to flip this, do you think I should be jailed for spending the extra 75? That's an equally ridiculous comparison.

They were jailed because they spent it and couldn't pay it back. You were able to. That's the difference.

And, who gets to decide what the point is where they eat mistakes?

ishot-1360.jpg

I assume it REALLY pisses you off when your friends leave a jacket at your house mistakenly and then take it back the next time they come over?

Only when he's actually wearing it when they come over.

Maybe you didn't read the "to a point", or the other reference I made to that nonsensical extension. Of course not, because that's an obvious oversight. If you want to flip this, do you think I should be jailed for spending the extra 75? That's an equally ridiculous comparison.

By using that $75, you committed a crime. I recommend 5-years of probation.

Nah, I just got paid, plus my parents are broke. Im just pissed that the bank corrected their error with my pay check.

Yes, that part does suck. They really should have let you know as well.

Nah, I just got paid, plus my parents are broke. Im just pissed that the bank corrected their error with my pay check.

Huh? They didn't correct the error with your paycheck. Your pay check was deposited and their error was debited. It's not like they stole money from your paycheck.

I assume it REALLY pisses you off when your friends leave a jacket at your house mistakenly and then take it back the next time they come over?

A Credit Union would have done the same thing.

He's the guy who pounds all 14 beers of the case someone leaves in the fridge, and there's none left when they come back the next night (actually this is somewhat acceptable now that I think about it).

Dude, in your situation I would be happy if my bank didn't charge me overdraft fees. I think you're getting so much flak because I think others feel this way as well, and you're getting mad in a situation we'd be happy with.

He's the guy who pounds all 14 beers of the case someone leaves in the fridge, and there's none left when they come back the next night (actually this is somewhat acceptable now that I think about it).

Yeah, that's actually a smart thing to do. If somebody has a problem with it, they can drive you to the store to get more beer.

No, it's definitely not the most unfair thing in the world, but to a point I believe they should eat their own mistakes
What I find interesting is all the other companies that WILL do this. I've had internet shops ship me the wrong item, then send me the correct one and tell me to keep both. I guess when you're just dealing pushing electronic money around it's less of a hassle to correct things, but I think it does say something about new vs. old business.

What I find interesting is all the other companies that WILL do this. I've had internet shops ship me the wrong item, then send me the correct one and tell me to keep both. I guess when you're just dealing pushing electronic money around it's less of a hassle to correct things, but I think it does say something about new vs. old business.

I worked at a restaurant in high school and sometimes the waiters and waitresses gave incorrect change, for instance a 10 instead of a 5. There's no way in hell that we could have taken extra money from that customer the next time they came in to "correct our error".

Depending on the cost of the item, the cost of shipping, re-stocking, etc. can make it not worth their time. Not the same as an automated process that spots the problem and automatically debits the account without a human every lifting a finger.

So, if it had been $0.50, would you be upset with the bank taking it back? If it had been $250, would you expect the bank to eat it's mistake? Within what range do you get up in arms over the bank taking back the $$ they had mistakenly deposited in your account?

The real issue is that you let someone else deposit $$ in YOUR account and then spent it without confirming what was deposited. You seem to forget that you made a mistake here too. Next time, ask for a check, cash, or gift card.

So, if it had been $0.50, would you be upset with the bank taking it back? If it had been $250, would you expect the bank to eat it's mistake? Within what range do you get up in arms over the bank taking back the $$ they had mistakenly deposited in your account?

The real issue is that you let someone else deposit $$ in YOUR account and then spent it without confirming what was deposited. You seem to forget that you made a mistake here too. Next time, ask for a check, cash, or gift card.

That's a good point. Had I known how much was deposited, I would have spent the correct amount.

And for the tagger, my meth lab was not repossessed, Star Burns blew it up last week.

Back