• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

That Monopoly "Bank Error in Your Favor" Card is Bullshit; Fuck Wells Fargo

Bullshit. I've had that account the same number of years I've been married to a financial manager. Not a coincidence.

Just rustling your jimmies bro. Sorry for my snarkiness.

Serious question. Do you live in DC or NYC? I know tons of recent grads who don't make enough to cover cost of living (or shirt money), and are still depending on their parents for help. Crazy how it seems easily over half of Wake grads move to these two cities after graduation. I think it's just become the "cool" thing to do, and they want to be around their friends rather than find a better job that could lead to more money/better career. I like spending time in both cities, just don't think I could enjoy living there unless I was making serious coin.

Nah, I'm still in Winston, so it's much cheaper to live, but there are no jobs. I'm still doing hourly work at Wake trying to find something better. Even my attempts at moving to other departments at Wake has been impossible. I'm basically just stuck for the time being.

i don't usually get much refund, but yes, i withhold each month knowing that it is an interest free loan to the government. it would be economically beneficial for me to have no withholdings, set the money aside each month in my own savings account, and then pay in April, but i sacrifice that opportunity for the knowledge that the money is being set aside and i have no opportunity to blow it by making it rain at the skrip club.

Don't you also "sacrifice that opportunity" because that approach would result in a hefty penalty from the IRS?

i don't know tax law all that well but i always assumed that if you minimized your withholdings, you'd just end up with a fattie bill in april. as long as you paid it, you'd be okay. what would the fine be for as long as you made good on april 15th (or paid estimated tax with extension).

i don't know tax law all that well but i always assumed that if you minimized your withholdings, you'd just end up with a fattie bill in april. as long as you paid it, you'd be okay. what would the fine be for as long as you made good on april 15th (or paid estimated tax with extension).

Estimated tax interest.

Also possible underpayment penalties right? I had a buddy who jacked up his withholding in nov and dec, so you get it spread over the whole year in their penalty calculator.

FYI, I read the notice from Wells about the new fee: if you have your salary direct deposited or keep over 1,500 in on average, no fee.

Poor stay poorer. Must be a Republican CEO.

So long as you deposit $500/month in direct deposit salary you're clear. $6,000 per year. That should be okay for anyone with any kind of job.

I'm pissed that CLT airport sold banking rights to BOA, which means that all Wells ATMs were removed from the airport. That's like imposing a $3 tax on me. Farkers.

So long as you deposit $500/month in direct deposit salary you're clear. $6,000 per year. That should be okay for anyone with any kind of job.

Has there been an average income range, anonymous poll on the boards?

When you have a moderate amount of savings with them they are very nice - always giving me bottled water & cookies, etc.

Back