• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

That Monopoly "Bank Error in Your Favor" Card is Bullshit; Fuck Wells Fargo

Bumping this to notify people of quite possibly the most ridiculous fee I have seen in banking... and this is from someone who was in banking for 7 years. Today, my bank charged my $105 for uncollected funds fees. For those unfamiliar with the term, that means that I made a deposit in the bank, but my bank had not yet cleared that check through the originating bank. I did not come close to overdrawing my account, but because I had dipped into the funds of a deposit I had already made, I was hit with 3 $35 charges. I have no history of overdrafts and have been a customer of the bank for 15 years or so, so I'm certainly not a risk to kite checks and run. The check I deposited was from PNC, so it wasn't even some tiny bank in the middle of nowhere... they could have crossed the street to cash it. They did refund the money, after telling my wife that she should have gotten the check cashed first before depositing it. Needless to say, I will be looking to close that relationship after the holidays.

Is this becoming a thing, or is my bank just ahead of the curve on gouging people?

#justneededsomeshirts

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Bumping this to notify people of quite possibly the most ridiculous fee I have seen in banking... and this is from someone who was in banking for 7 years. Today, my bank charged my $105 for uncollected funds fees. For those unfamiliar with the term, that means that I made a deposit in the bank, but my bank had not yet cleared that check through the originating bank. I did not come close to overdrawing my account, but because I had dipped into the funds of a deposit I had already made, I was hit with 3 $35 charges. I have no history of overdrafts and have been a customer of the bank for 15 years or so, so I'm certainly not a risk to kite checks and run. The check I deposited was from PNC, so it wasn't even some tiny bank in the middle of nowhere... they could have crossed the street to cash it. They did refund the money, after telling my wife that she should have gotten the check cashed first before depositing it. Needless to say, I will be looking to close that relationship after the holidays.

Is this becoming a thing, or is my bank just ahead of the curve on gouging people?

This actually happened to me with RBC/PNC, and I closed the accounts. It was mind-boggling.

That basically happened to me as well at TCF Bank here in Minnesota. Guess they need some extra income to pay for the Gophers' stadium naming rights. I quickly switched after that.

That basically happened to me as well at TCF Bank here in Minnesota. Guess they need some extra income to pay for the Gophers' stadium naming rights. I quickly switched after that.

$35 fee's for overdrafts in itself are ridiculous. ING simply charges a percentage of the amount overdrafted for everyday it's in the negative. If you write a check for $400, and only have $375 to cover, Wells FArgo will charge you an additional $35.... ING will charge you $2-3.

Back