• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

That Monopoly "Bank Error in Your Favor" Card is Bullshit; Fuck Wells Fargo

myDeaconmyhand

First man to get a team of horses up Bear Mountain
Reaction score
Last week I'm expecting a gift from my family and 150 dollars shows up in my account accordingly. I spend it on cell phone bill, shirts from Belk, etc. This week pay day rolls around and I look at my online statement and I see a withdrawal of 75 for "deposit error". Turns out that my parents deposit was run twice, and rents only deposited 75 in my account. I've talked to 2 customer reps and their managers and ended up cussing out each in turn. Their response to my problem has been "you shouldn't have spent it", "It wasn't your money", "Wells Fargo is just taking back their own money" "You can't have something that's not yours". Basically I lost 75 bones from my paycheck today because some teller fucked up last week. This is directly after I got the email saying that Wells Fargo is going to charge me 5 dollars a month for online banking. Even though I've been a member for 6 years, I will definitely be moving my meager account to a credit union.

real talk, that wasn't your money and you shouldn't have spent it.

5 bucks a month for online banking seems ridiculous though.

You have to understand that Wells Fargo has literally been screwing people out of money for hundreds of years.

Wells Fargo sucks. You just need to avoid the big banks like the plague. When I closed my BoA account last fall the lady I dealt with was super nice about it. She closed her office door and said, "so, what did it for you?" Even their employees know they treat their customers like shit. I switched to PNC and have been very happy with it - if you're anywhere were there are Wawas they have PNC ATM's in all of them so that's a huge bonus. Credit Unions can be great but make sure they have a good ATM network. Otherwise you may want to look at a regional bank, most of which are far superior to the big banks.

Unless you're a low value customer who actually costs the bank money. They're probably glad he's leaving considering they just spent $10 worth of their time and resources listening to him complain that he doesn't get to keep the money that they accidentally lent him for a couple of days.

real talk, that wasn't your money and you shouldn't have spent it.

Money in my bank account that was deposited by my parents, wasn't mine to spend? How does that work? You want to come fill up my pool and tell me not to swim in it as well?

How much did your parents deposit?

That's yours to spend.

Easy.

I feel like your anger is misdirected. Tell your parents not to hit submit twice and WF won't deposit twice. Or to quit being so cheap.

I feel like your anger is misdirected. Tell your parents not to hit submit twice and WF won't deposit twice. Or to quit being so cheap.

It was a cash deposit at a teller, but thanks for your advice.

Money in my bank account that was deposited by my parents, wasn't mine to spend? How does that work? You want to come fill up my pool and tell me not to swim in it as well?

The money that was deposited is yours to spend. The money that was not deposited but showed up in your account due to an error is not yours to spend.

Well if it was a cash deposit at a teller that was def WF's mistake, but it still wasn't your money.

$75 of it was yours to spend. did you really expect the bank to just say, whoopsie, you get to keep the other $75. what if the transaction went in as $750? i can see if you had overdrafts that happened because they yanked it out, but they would have likely eaten those fees, especially if you weren't a serial overdrafter.

$75 of it was yours to spend. did you really expect the bank to just say, whoopsie, you get to keep the other $75. what if the transaction went in as $750? i can see if you had overdrafts that happened because they yanked it out, but they would have likely eaten those fees, especially if you weren't a serial overdrafter.

Yea, this.

What's the big deal? Did the lost $75 cause you to overdraft or something? If not, who cares? You're $75 poorer than you thought you were, but that's only because you were momentarily $75 richer than you thought you were. I just don't see how this is such a big deal to you.

2012 and people still use big banks. Amazing.

And I bet it would be an even bigger deal if you got a letter from Wells Fargo saying that because other people had taken money through error, they would now have to charge everyone a little extra. Meltdown.

Countdown to MDMH posting, "HA! I agree with all you guys. I was just trolling to get a reaction!"

Countdown to MDMH posting, "HA! I agree with all you guys. I was just trolling to get a reaction!"

Definitely not trolling, the thread title was in jest though. 75 dollars means more to me than some of the posters here, I'm not ashamed of that.

Last edited:
2012 and people still use big banks. Amazing.

money-under-the-mattress.jpg

SCDeac tried that shit this morning on politics board.

Back