• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Basketball recruiting update 4/10/11

Maybe Rountree and McClinton can be our Higgins and Burks (Bz was about to do great things at Colorado, dontcha know? maybe you didn't hear), though Rountree and McClinton are vastly cooler names.

Higgins and Burks sounds like a law firm. Rountree and McClinton sound like ACC Champs!!!

I take it as a good sign (of bzz, the future, etc.) that even after our last season we're on all these guys' radar and have landed a couple solid recruits to boot.

Now let's go out and grab a few more. Let's go staff.

So that would hint that we still lead for Katenda. Here is hoping for the shittiest weather ever in South Bend this weekend.

Relatively cold, windy, and ohhhh a little thing called rain.

Thu
Apr 14
Showers
Showers
61°
39°
40%

Fri
Apr 15
Few Showers / Wind
Few Showers / Wind
50°
44°
30%

Sat
Apr 16
Rain
Rain
51°
36°
70%

Another name for people to keep in mind: Arnaud Adala-Moto

Arnaud Adala Moto, SF, Team Takeover- Few players were as impressive on Friday night as the powerfully built 6-foot-6 wing. Most comfortable using his strength to get into the lane or bowl over opponents in transition, Adalo Moto showed surprisingly soft touch out to the three point line. He rebounds, plays defense and rattled off a list of Virginia Tech, Georgetown, Wake Forest, UNLV, Maryland, Xavier and George Mason.

Moto is coached by former STUD Jim Fitzpatrick.

A few snippets on Moto:

"I'd describe Arnaud as a three point shooting threat," said Fitzpatrick. "I'm not saying he is a pure shooter from behind the arc, but he's had games where he's hit three or four there, and he shoots it well enough that you have to guard him. And once the defender comes out on him, he has enough explosion to get past you and hit the mid range jumper, or take it all the way to the rim and finish.

"I love his mid range game, and that's sort of become a lost art these days. He's the kind of player who creates for himself and others. Arnaud will get a lot of points at the foul line because of his ability off the dribble, and his ability to absorb contact. He's very strong already, and he'll have a great college ready body by this time next year."

"As a student, he now carries an 85 average here at Episcopal, and that's legit. There's no cutting corners here as you know. He's an avid book reader, has mastered the English language quite well (French is his first language), and is into Shakespeare and things like that. Heck, he's reading stuff that I don't even understand.

"Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, VCU, Seton Hall, UNLV, Stanford, George Mason, and Cincinnati have all made firm offers off the top of my head...I would think Arnaud will likely stay back East for college (his brother played for Rhode Island), but again, it's too early to say just yet. When a school like Stanford recruits you, you have to pay attention.""

Talking to Jankovic tonight so I will have that up around 8-9ish. I'll post on here when I get it done.

Talking to Jankovic tonight so I will have that up around 8-9ish. I'll post on here when I get it done.

Will be interesting to hear from Jankovic right now.

In all honesty, I might rather have Abrahamson. He seems tougher and could bring more all around game. But if Jankovic is still our top target, I'd assume its for good reason.

It looks like T. Boone is putting up some money for the bball program this year.

Out fo the blue they signed Top 10 LeBryan Nash and Cezar Guerrero after not having signed much of anything for a few years.

Now they get in at 11:59 PM with Lekan.

who has the shoeboxes illed with cash?

It looks like T. Boone is putting up some money for the bball program this year.

Out fo the blue they signed Top 10 LeBryan Nash and Cezar Guerrero after not having signed much of anything for a few years.

Now they get in at 11:59 PM with Lekan.

who has the shoeboxes illed with cash?

LeBryan's not exactly a surprise 5* or anything. Okie State has a fairly storied bball history (Henry Iba, Eddie Sutton) and regularly grabs a 5* now and then. James Anderson and Obi Muonelo come to mind. As for Guerrero, he's not exactly some superstar. We wanted him too, but couldn't get him for academic reasons. I imagine his list of suitors was hampered by that, and OkState has always shown a willingness to take jucos and kids that barely qualify.

Back