• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pit Book/Discussion Thread

I also picked up Crapalachia by Scott McClanahan while I was out there. I just read his The Sarah Book, which is a winding, wacky account of divorce. Very distinct voice. Kinda reminds me of Breece D'J Pancake.

Random, I just checked out The Sarah Book to someone this morning. It looked pretty interesting.

Chupe, where are you at on Denis Johnson? I've been reading a good bit of him lately, need to pick up his new posthumous book.

I've never read him. An ex loved Jesus' Son, and she had pretty good taste in stuff, but I have yet to pick him up.

I do love Willa Cather, though, I'll have to check out Death Comes for the Archbishop. "Paul's Case" is one of my favorite stories of all time. Get on that shit if you haven't. The last line.

But yeah, Franny and Zooey is legit. Man I just need to give up tech and read all the time.

Anyone read "Trampoline" or it's sequel "Weedeater"? Both written by a Wake classmate of mine and, I think, worth a read. Authentic look at poor, rural appalachia and the social/economic issues those folks are facing - in entertaining novel form.

I'm reading Philip Kerr's first three Bernie Gunther Berlin Noir novels, and I'm all about some tv/film option starring Michael Fassbender. Shit needs to get done. Woody Harrelson was apparently interested, too, but, well, he's older and not German. Good hardboiled private dick stuff. Snappy one-liners. Bernie getting into some serious shit. Lots of nazis.

Bumping before OGB can

Anyone read Rachel Cusk? Really digging Outlines now, but her style would probably be off-putting for some

Just finished American Gods and feel like I need to go read it again. I didn't have any problem getting through it, but I felt at times like I was missing out on a lot of the symbolism and references.

Here's Cave's Lives of the Apostles. I'm having a terrible time figuring out if it's folio or quarto

ZLIB4xu.jpg

k9iYfaj.jpg

8YzX0MN.jpg

OgRJyvI.jpg

FzZOuxK.jpg

hNFRxSL.jpg

3kEADeF.jpg

phOufCS.jpg

Back