• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George Zimmerman

Lectro, the stuff you talk about has nothing to do with whether or not Zimmerman will go to jail. It comes down to self-defense.

So you have evidence? Not hearsay?

I am saying we convicted George Zimmerman in a classic rush to judgement. When I heard the story and saw how it was delivered I was enraged like everybody else: "How is this fuggin guy not in jail!?"

So now, I see more and more information coming out and frankly I am dissappointed in myself and mad as hell at Wolf Blitzer (well, his staff anyway...whoever pushed this in front of him with misleading imagery and never uttered epithets.)

I am sorry. It hacks me off to get worked up over something I now feel was largely manufactured. This story was delivered like a Rorshach test - packaged in the symbolic language and imagery that guarantees, upon my viewing, that I fly into a justified rage.

I am sorry. I don't believe George Zimmerman is a bad person. He made a very bad decision but he does not bear the weight of a nations collective angst and guilt concerning race.

Maybe the dumbass deserves to go to jail but he does not bear the responsibilty that collective weight. As his dad said "I feel like I am at the bottom of an avalanche."

it seems to me that you're doing the same to trayvon martin. you keep saying over and over again that he was in the neighborhood to case the homes there. where does that come from? your speculation that that's why it took him so long to get home from the convenience store? if so, then aren't you just rushing to judgment just as much as everybody else?

Going to convenience store for skittles and an iced tea? Dude was probably sick of hanging out with his dad and his dad's fiancee. Just wanted to get out of the house and was in no hurry to go back.

Going to convenience store for skittles and an iced tea? Dude was probably sick of hanging out with his dad and his dad's fiancee. Just wanted to get out of the house and was in no hurry to go back.

Maybe he was giving his dad an hour to knock the bottom out of it a couple times.

It comes from the fact he was suspended from school with the classic B&E tool (a flat head screwdriver) to go along with a bag of jewelry. It was enough to get him suspended from school.

I'm not saying I know the facts...but we freely speculated over everyone of Zimmerman's past actions and his every word. Is it unfair to look at Trayvon under the light of the actions he's committed?

Maybe he was giving his dad an hour to knock the bottom out of it a couple times.

C'mon kid. Here's five bucks. Go get yourself some skittles and some iced tea. Don't hurry. Slam dunk contest is going to suck anyway.

It comes from the fact he was suspended from school with the classic B&E tool (a flat head screwdriver) to go along with a bag of jewelry. It was enough to get him suspended from school.

I'm not saying I know the facts...but we freely speculated over everyone of Zimmerman's past actions and his every word. Is it unfair to look at Trayvon under the light of the actions he's committed?

I can't remember a Lectro post that didn't claim to know the facts.

I hear you. Walking slow in the rain so you can soak it all in...

And what the hell does it matter how long it took him to walk home, anyway? He's got a right to walk anywhere he wants to on public streets, and take as long as he wants to while doing it. Is lectro trying to insinuate that it was alright to kill the guy because he took too long to walk home?

I'm not trying to answer for lectro. Believe me.

But, I think the point of the time span is that the defense may use this to support Zimmerman's belief that Trayvon was "casing" homes. I'm sure they'll paint the picture of Martin slowly walking by houses and doing suspicious stuff. Whether Martin was actually doing that is irrelevant to the defense.

Don't fret, Les...you've kissed enough ass out here where you can mention my name without fear of retribution.

:)

I'd like to see you try to use that one in court. Proving "intent" for robbery because a guy was walking slowly? And, anyway, assuming that you could (which you can't) how does that justify armed homicide?

The defense doesnt have to prove anything.

I just disagree with you. I don't see Trayvon as an innocent kid walking through the neighborhood. It is a 15 minute walk home from the convenient store...it is raining. What is Trayvon doing? He left the store at a little after 6. His home is .08 miles away. Why is George making a call at 7:09.

Trayvon was serving a 10 day suspension from school. He had 2 previous suspensions (Vandalism and the stolen jewelry). Like many 17 year old kids he was going down the wrong path...and his decision to be in that neighborhood casing homes was one that contributed to his death.

but you keep stating that he was actually casing homes. which is purely your speculation. then you're telling others not to rush to judgment.

See, that's where we depart. I see his recent suspension for the tool and the jewels to be "common sense" exhibit A that he was casing homes.

Then why are you even bringing that subject up? It's completely irrelevant.

You said: "And what the hell does it matter how long it took him to walk home, anyway?"

I gave you why it matters to the defense in this case. It helps their narrative.

So if Lectro was walking through that neighborhood, we could just assume he was casing junk?

See, that's where we depart. I see his recent suspension for the tool and the jewels to be "common sense" exhibit A that he was casing homes.

so every time he walks anywhere he is casing homes?

Sometimes I masturbate in the shower. So now EVERY time I shower it is presumed by my loved ones that I am masturbating? :tard:

Last edited:

Do you have a link? Everything I saw had the suspensions for excessive absences, vandalism, and the empty bag with marijuana traces.

Last edited:
Back