• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

George Zimmerman

Lectro is engaged in the same behavior people are frowning upon with Zimmerman. I'm still not sure if Lectro understands that Zimmerman had no knowledge of any flathead screwdriver.

My FB friends have been hilarious with talks about what a bad kid TM was. Like Zimmie knew any of that. He saw a black kid dressed poorly.

And just as an aside, this should be a lesson to people that it matters how you dress. Sadly, there are crazy people
Out there that will assume you're up to no good if you look a certain way. And those crazy people may have guns.

I guess. But the dude just had on a hoodie and khaki pants when it was raining in February in the early evening. That's not thug wear. That's functional. Nobody should have to wear a shirt and tie to be treated like a human being.

Wow. You're right. For some reason I thought he looked "thug" that night. But I wear that all the time. And I also like skittles. But I sure as shit bet Zimmie wouldn't have approached me. Wonder why....

Wow. You're right. For some reason I thought he looked "thug" that night. But I wear that all the time. And I also like skittles. But I sure as shit bet Zimmie wouldn't have approached me. Wonder why....

Unless he saw him face on, you wouldn't be able to tell he is a black kid dressed like that at night in the rain. If he walks like me in the rain he probably had his hands stuffed in his pockets and his head down to keep rain off his face. Would be pretty tough to profile someone because of the color of their skin when you can actually see it. Once he got close enough, or got a glimpse of Trayvon's face he could tell.

LOL. Let me know how that works out in the real world. If I'm defending a guy, even in a backasswards state like FL, you can bet your bottom dollar I'm putting on affirmative evidence of self defense.

I dont know what you mean by "affirmative evidence." The defense will put on evidence at trial, but they dont have any burden like you would with an affirmative defense.

First, the defense has an immunity hearing in order for the judge to make a legal finding of self-defense. In my opinion, it's at this hearing that the case gets thrown out...but, that's neither here nor there. Regardless, the jury will hear evidence of self-defense. The defense will not have any burden of proving self-defense. They just get to make arguments that Zimmerman acted in self-defense. The State has the burden to prove b.r.d. that Zimmerman did not act in self-defense. The jury will be instructed that if they have a reasonable doubt as to whether or not Zimmerman acted in self defense, they must find him not guilty.

Last edited:
I dont know what you mean by "affirmative evidence." The defense will put on evidence at trial, but they dont have any burden like you would with an affirmative defense.

First, the defense has an immunity hearing in order for the judge to make a legal finding of self-defense. In my opinion, it's at this hearing that the case gets thrown out...but, that's neither here nor there. Regardless, the jury will hear evidence of self-defense. The defense will not have any burden of proving self-defense. They just get to make arguments that Zimmerman acted in self-defense. The State has the burden to prove b.r.d. that Zimmerman did not act in self-defense. The jury will be instructed that if they have a reasonable doubt as to whether or not Zimmerman acted in self defense, they must find him not guilty.

Yes, I have learned that in Fla, the state has the burden to disproof self defense. But his attorneys better put on evidence of self defense or they're going to get smoked.

Unless he saw him face on, you wouldn't be able to tell he is a black kid dressed like that at night in the rain. If he walks like me in the rain he probably had his hands stuffed in his pockets and his head down to keep rain off his face. Would be pretty tough to profile someone because of the color of their skin when you can actually see it. Once he got close enough, or got a glimpse of Trayvon's face he could tell.

You think? I'm not so sure it would be difficult to assess the race of a person even in the dark.

I guess. But the dude just had on a hoodie and khaki pants when it was raining in February in the early evening. That's not thug wear. That's functional. Nobody should have to wear a shirt and tie to be treated like a human being.

He's pretty clearly casing the 7/11 here. Why did no one shoot him!?!

He looks pretty big in that video. I've worn that to 7-11 at least twice in the past month.

Last edited:
They have him lying about being indigent and not turning in one of his passports.

They have him lying about being indigent and not turning in one of his passports.

The paypal funds thing I can sort of understand. The passport issue is just a bold faced lie on the part of Zimmerman.

Interesting. He has multiple passports? I assume his lawyers will petition to have a new, higher, bond set that takes into account his financial situation, including the internet contributions that he failed to disclose previously.

The paypal funds thing I can sort of understand. The passport issue is just a bold faced lie on the part of Zimmerman.

Apparently his wife (I think) was directly asked about funds coming in and she knowingly lied about the pay-pal account. What a dope.

Interesting. He has multiple passports? I assume his lawyers will petition to have a new, higher, bond set that takes into account his financial situation, including the internet contributions that he failed to disclose previously.

i don't think the multiple passports thing is THAT far-fetched. i could see myself losing a passport, desperately needing one soon-ish (therefore not having time to wait for it to just turn up), getting a new one, and finding the old one after that.

that said, lying about it was just stupid stupid stupid.

They might. It's a sure fire loser, though. If the judge wanted to raise his bond instead of revoke it, he could've done so. I'd be shocked if he gave him any bond now.

They might. It's a sure fire loser, though. If the judge wanted to raise his bond instead of revoke it, he could've done so. I'd be shocked if he gave him any bond now.

Maybe the judge wants to give him a stern talking-to before raising it.

Back