• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

i think 5 players being productive ACC players is a tall order, especially when they are competing with each other and new recruits (potentially, i haven't seen any yet) for playing time. i would love, and i think it is closer to the truth, to see this class have 3 or 4 legit ACC starters.

i think 5 players being productive ACC players is a tall order, especially when they are competing with each other and new recruits (potentially, i haven't seen any yet) for playing time. i would love, and i think it is closer to the truth, to see this class have 3 or 4 legit ACC starters.

3 or 4 legit starters out of this class would be NCAA-tourney worthy year in and year out.

I mentioned Amaker as a potential future coach and got blasted at the end of the season. Now even more so seems like he is putting in good work getting on kids list we want and pulling in others we want.

Recruiting was never his problem at Michigan or Seton Hall, yet he still didn't do much of anything. You're talking about wanting to hire a guy who, despite having spent a rather significant amount of time as a head coach, has never been successful. Gee whiz, why does that sound familiar? And the best part is that if he somehow manages to buck all of the evidence against him being successful here, we get to look forward to him leaving to take over for K when he retires.

No. Just no.

Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Seton Hall Pirates (Big East Conference) (1997–2001)
1997–98 Seton Hall 15–15 9–9 3rd (Seven) NIT 1st Round
1998–99 Seton Hall 15–15 8–10 T–8th NIT 1st Round
1999–00 Seton Hall 22–10 10–6 T–4th NCAA Sweet 16
2000–01 Seton Hall 16–15 5–11 6th (West) NIT 1st Round
Seton Hall: 68–55 32–36
Michigan Wolverines (Big Ten Conference) (2001–2007)
2001–02 Michigan 11–18 5–11 T–8th
2002–03 Michigan 17–13 10–6 T–3rd
2003–04 Michigan 23–11 8–8 T–5th NIT Champions
2004–05 Michigan 13–18 4–12 9th
2005–06 Michigan 22–11 8–8 T-6th NIT Runner-Up
2006–07 Michigan 22–13 8–8 T–7th NIT 2nd Round
Michigan: 108–84 43–53
Harvard Crimson (Ivy League) (2007–present)
2007–08 Harvard 8–22 3–11 T–6th
2008–09 Harvard 14–14 6–8 T–6th
2009–10 Harvard 21–7 10–4 3rd CIT 1st Round
2010–11 Harvard 23–7 12–2 T–1st NIT 1st round
2011–12 Harvard 26–5 12–2 1st NCAA 2nd Round
Harvard: 92–55 43–27

A legit ACC starter would be an NCAA caliber starter. We haven't had a class with 3 or 4 legit ACC starters in awhile. You could argue 2006, but it took Ish, Skeen, LD, and Chas a good time of time to all get there. Aside from that you're looking at 2002 with Big E, JGray, and Trent who took awhile to get there.

4 legit ACC starters out of this group?

Puff, puff, give. Puff, puff, give.

Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Seton Hall Pirates (Big East Conference) (1997–2001)

Seton Hall: 68–55 32–36

Michigan Wolverines (Big Ten Conference) (2001–2007)

Michigan: 108–84 43–53
Harvard Crimson (Ivy League) (2007–present)

Harvard: 92–55 43–27

better college career than bzz. winning percentage of 58% with 50% in conference. bz is 47% and a whopping 33% in conference for his career.

.554 overall and .457 in conference at the major level.

These are no doubt lofty numbers by Premier Wellman's standards, but I think I'll pass.

Last edited:
A legit ACC starter would be an NCAA caliber starter. We haven't had a class with 3 or 4 legit ACC starters in awhile. You could argue 2006, but it took Ish, Skeen, LD, and Chas a good time of time to all get there. Aside from that you're looking at 2002 with Big E, JGray, and Trent who took awhile to get there.

I guess you have to go back to Odom and we know he couldn't recruit because you told us so.

TOS now saying our guys will be playing some summer ball after all at Fcds. That will provide some indications about who is ready to compete. It is supposed to start in mid July.

Mathematically, at least one of the allegedly super seven has to be a starter his freshman year. Doesn't make him an ACC caliber starter because we're not an ACC caliber program.

Four-star wing Davon Reed trims list to eight schools

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. – He's not ready to end his recruitment anytime soon, but Davon Reed took a major step in his recruitment recently.

The 6-foot-6 swingman from Princeton Day (N.J.) trimmed his list to eight schools: Louisville, Connecticut, Cincinnati, Xavier, Harvard, Wake Forest, Miami (Fl.) and Memphis.

“I really feel good about those eight schools,” Reed said. “I like their coaching staffs, they contend for NCAA tournaments and I can get a great education at the schools.”

Heading into the contact period, the No. 57-ranked player in CBSSports.com's Top 100 thought it was the perfect time to cut down his suitors.

“I feel like I was ready,” Reed said. “The schools that I was interested in, I can learn as much as I can about them. And the ones that I wasn't interested in that were still recruiting me, I can give them a chance to find someone else.”

Reed has no visits planned for the next couple of months; he and Team Final will be on the AAU circuit during July. However, he will take his official visits before making a decision. So far, he has taken trips to Harvard and Wake Forest.

“I'm trying to find out as much as possible,” Reed said. “I'll decide sometime in the fall.”

Sounds like Greg McClinton is having a great NBA Top 100 Camp today. I think we'll regret it if we let him slip away.

I'm here at the camp, and he did play well this morning. Him and Reed played against each other (didn't guard one another), and both played pretty well. Still not sure that McClinton is exactly what we are looking for though. I think we want someone who can shoot it better. He hits a mid-range pull up every now and then but his mechanics aren't great. He is, however, very athletic

Back