• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

Another sleeper, it seems, but that's a ton of size for a rising-junior PG. Has anybody seen him play? I see on the interwebs that he's listed as a combo guard.

Yea I saw him at the Wake Elite Camp. Basically, he plays the way he looks. He's a big-bodied guard who uses his strength to get in the lane and score around the rim. His mid-range game isn't bad, but he isn't a consistent threat from deep yet. He does have a good-looking shot, though. Also has a pretty good first step but does not own elite quickness. Definitely a step or two below a guy like Shelton Mitchell, but he's still a very solid player

Georgia Tech just signed 2013 5-star PG Solomon Hill, Stacey's (4-star UK transfer) brother. Brian Gregory is not a good coach, but he's getting it done on the recruiting trail.

ETA: Fixed misinformation above: GT received a verbal from 5-star PG Solomon Poole, Stacey's brother and a top-25 prospect.

Last edited:
At this point, I do not expect to hear anything "good" re. 2013. I look forward to Coach (fill in the blank)'s 2014 class.

Basically, keeper is being a douche. Whatever GT did, I wish Jeffrey would do some of it eventually.

I think keep is letting you know that GT didn't sign anyone, they received a verbal from young Mr. Poole.

That's the rare, ever-more-subtle, double-typo keeper call out. I'm actually quite honored. You got me, keep.

But VA is right: [Redacted] and co. should probably start making some moves on the recruiting front. The rest of the ACC, with the exception of BC and VT, is leaving us behind on the recruiting trail.

Hewitt got 5 stars down to Atlanta a lot, but that never amounted to much of anything. Doesn't mean much until results happen

Hewitt got 5 stars down to Atlanta a lot, but that never amounted to much of anything. Doesn't mean much until results happen

I think that Hewitt was a pretty lousy coach, but he did get to the NCAA championship game...

IMO neither are good coaches, but I think even Hewitt is better than Gregory. I thought Gregory was a terrible hire, and still do.

Didn't happen. No new coach gets a verbal this quickly. It takes a year. I think I learned that somewhere.

Morgan chose the Fighting Illini over Dayton, Xavier, Minnesota, Wisconsin and Vanderbilt. He took a trip to the Champaign campus on Tuesday, and liked what he saw.

The 6-foot-10 center from Springboro (Ohio) is ranked among the top 15 players at his position in the class of 2013. He has good size and has shown mobility and touch from the mid-range. Morgan also has good hands and can pass to teammates if double-teamed.

Morgan joins guard Malcolm Hill, ranked No. 60, in John Groce's class of 2013.

Let alone two.

its all kind of irrelevant. Bzz could have the Dream team and finish in the middle of the pack this year in the acc. Agree with whomever said I will wait until he is gone to start paying attention to recruiting. Please be next year.

Back