• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

That is really bizarre. He played four years.

2011-12 MEM 17.3 2.1-5.0 .429 0.9-1.9 .462 1.1-1.6 .727 2.6 1.9 0.4 1.3 2.1 0.9 6.3
2010-11 MEM 24.7 2.3-5.7 .401 1.1-2.7 .391 1.8-2.6 .679 3.3 1.7 0.3 1.3 2.9 1.3 7.4
2009-10 UNO 33.5 4.1-10.4 .397 1.1-3.1 .352 3.2-5.2 .613 4.8 2.1 0.5 1.4 3.1 2.8 12.6
2008-09 UNO 20.0 0.9-3.2 .289 0.3-1.3 .219 1.4-2.3 .630 2.4 1.3 0.1 1.0 2.0 1.4 3.5

He played only 7 games last year because of knee issues and was granted a medical hardship 5th year.

Maverick Carter is Lebron's buddy.

Maverick Morgan signed with IL. He is ranked #148 on Rivals, 3* on Scout, 3* -76 rating on ESPN (perspective -Dre is our lowest ranked player on ESPN at 86).

Ever think this guy might not be that good?

Good catch, RJ. You're right. As to whether or not he's good: who cares. We need shooters and bog bodies now.

This guy is in [Redacted]'s recruiting range, we had expressed interest and he's a big body. No need to make this about something it's not.

Our frontcourt still needs bodies, no matter how awesome the McClinton signing is.

The McClinton signing is awesome. Welcome to Wake, Greg. Congrats to [Redacted], Battle, and the staff!

With McClinton added to Moto, Rountree, and another year of McKie in 13-14, we will have length and athleticism on the wings again. This should help us steam roll the cupcakes like we used to do consistently, but we are still a ways off from being relevant.

Now need a legit big and shooter.

Another nice tidbit from a Telep recruiting update today... we are at least in Reed's top 5. After a seemingly bleak start a Reed-McClinton 2013 class would be huge, especially if we can find a decent big.

• Davon Reed (Princeton, N.J./Princeton Day) lists eight schools. Connecticut, Louisville, Memphis, Xavier, Wake Forest, Harvard, Cincinnati and Miami. Academics are important to him. He copped to Louisville, Xavier, Wake Forest, Harvard and Miami as big players for his services.

Great news about McClinton! Much better than picking up some leftover junk big man.

I feel much better about having a legit scorer at the 2/3 for the forseeable future.

Echoing someone on the other thread, this is a good recruiting win for our staff, too. We legitimately beat out Louisville head-to-head for McClinton and took on Xavier, UConn, Virginia Tech and Miami, as well.

I have a hunch that McClinton will rise again, probably back closer to the top-50 after this summer.

Last edited:
Echoing someone on the other thread, this is a good recruiting win for our staff, too. We legitimately beat out Louisville head-to-head for McClinton and took on Xavier, UConn, Virginia Tech and Miami, as well.

I have a hunch that McClinton will rise again, probably back closer to the top-50 after this summer.

Dead on, I know that Pitino wanted McClinton big time, saw him at multiple of his games in person. Head coaches don't personally go to recruits games like that unless there is some major interest. Big time get

Surprised it hasn't been reported, but Shelton Mitchell was on campus last weekend for an unofficial. From my source, he and his dad had an awesome time, and we remain at the top of his list. Actually said he wouldn't be too surprised if he committed in the somewhat near future.

IS Shelton a SG A good SG and C and we are good again in 3 years.

This may clarify an earlier question about 165 lb weight for Greg McC.

"The 6'6, 185-pound small forward elevates and runs with the best of them."

Another nice tidbit from a Telep recruiting update today... we are at least in Reed's top 5. After a seemingly bleak start a Reed-McClinton 2013 class would be huge, especially if we can find a decent big.

Well if academics are really important to him, Wake over Louisville every time. (of course Harvard over Wake, but all else isn't equal there (not that all else is equal with Louisville either, but whatever)).

Things are coming together.

Now if we could get on a big man. Any big man.

FWIW, my source on Mitchell, Gladden, and their AAU team isn't high at all on Mac. Hope he's wrong.

His analysis is that he's a great athlete/slasher/finisher, but does not have a good handle or shot at all. That being said, I'm thrilled to have him.

Back