• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bball Recruiting Megathread: Devin Mitchell on campus

How many ships do we have left 2? Don't we need a SG and C worse than we need another PG?

Shelton Mitchell is a high priority 2014 PG. He is homegrown and ranked #40 nationally right now in the ESPN Super 60.

Our main priorities remaining in 2013 are SGs Davon Reed and Kam Williams. I am unclear where we are with any 2013 bigs.

2 is right (for now). As far as I know we aren't pursuing a PG for 2013. We are for 2014.

FWIW, my source on Mitchell, Gladden, and their AAU team isn't high at all on Mac. Hope he's wrong.

His analysis is that he's a great athlete/slasher/finisher, but does not have a good handle or shot at all. That being said, I'm thrilled to have him.

Who invited this guy? Lol, yes very happy Mac is on board. Let's get some momentum in BB now!

Who invited this guy? Lol, yes very happy Mac is on board. Let's get some momentum in BB now!

Was just giving some information from someone who has likely seen the guy play over a hundred times. My bad.

Was just giving some information from someone who has likely seen the guy play over a hundred times. My bad.

Good info is good to have. I was afraid of that analysis, but that's still better than what I thought we might get. He looks like he has ACC athleticism and potential.

With McClinton it really just comes down to if he puts the time in (and has the ability) to improve the consistency of his shot and if TW's guy is right, improve his handle to an adequate level to take someone off the dribble. Going to Hargrave for his senior year is a step in the right direction and I saw quite a bit of good stuff about him at the NBPA camp this week. Great pickup for the WF staff and it sounds like WF is getting another high quality individual that can do more than play a little ball. Congrats on the commitment Greg!

Good info is good to have. I was afraid of that analysis, but that's still better than what I thought we might get. He looks like he has ACC athleticism and potential.

If he plays defense, rebounds, and finishes in transition I'll be happy. ACC athleticism is exactly what this program needs.

Not really related, but did we already discuss Tony C's hardship waiver? Saw it up on ZagsBlog tonight. In addition to the tragic death of Tony's brother, apparently his mom has ongoing health problems. Tons of shit for that kid right now... wish him the best.

Don't know if it was discussed extensively but it was mentioned and known that TC was transfering back home due to his moms illness iirc.

Our boy Shelton has been getting calls from Coach K this week. Not cool.

Not really related, but did we already discuss Tony C's hardship waiver? Saw it up on ZagsBlog tonight. In addition to the tragic death of Tony's brother, apparently his mom has ongoing health problems. Tons of shit for that kid right now... wish him the best.

Prepare to be banned. You are off topic.

Prepare to be banned. You are off topic.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you. I appreciate the visitor message(seriously, couldn't you figure out how to PM?) that informed me of TexasDeac's grave mistake.

@WakeProspects
2013 big men to keep an eye on - Chinonso Obokoh, Youssoupha Kane, Mike Young, Sidy Mohamed Djitte, and Tony Nunn.

Heard of our interest in all of those except for Sidy Mohamed Djitte. 6'11'', 240 out of Fayetteville. Doesn't appear to be ranked on the major sites.

Then it sounds like Djitte is the one we'll probably get.

If you can't see the difference, I don't know what to tell you. I appreciate the visitor message(seriously, couldn't you figure out how to PM?) that informed me of TexasDeac's grave mistake.

I came on here to read about recruiting not about Tony Chennault. I demand justice.

Maybe we should send someone to Senegal full time. They seem to be producing players regularly.

Back