• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Europe Travel Assistance

Definitely buy tix early in Amsterdam, particularly Anne Frank (you have to) and Van Gogh. Skip the Heineken Experience, especially if you've done Guinness in Dublin which is way better. This is a good breakfast or lunch spot by Anne Frank http://www.pancakesamsterdam.com/menu/

Eat all the stroopwaffles

Headed to Europe in a couple weeks.

Fly into CDG, Paris for 4 days, Amsterdam for 3 days and fly out of Schiphol.

Airbnb in both cities. Paris in the 6th, 2 blocks from Odeon metro. Amsterdam is more residential, looks to be between Oosterpark and Park Frankendael.

Anyone have any recommendations near either spot? I've done Paris a few times and Amsterdam once, first time for wife for both.

Done both also several times with first timers. Personally I take that as the opportunity to do things you've missed, redo things you loved that you think they need to see, and to relax in the culture.

Thanks Barca- hadn't thought I would need to book ahead in the offseason but def looks like I do.

Looking forward to hopefully smaller crowds at the big Paris attractions.

Thanks Barca- hadn't thought I would need to book ahead in the offseason but def looks like I do.

Looking forward to hopefully smaller crowds at the big Paris attractions.

yeah, I learned right before going that Anne Frank is online orders only until like 3:30 and then who knows how long you'll have to wait. Van Gogh is nice because the ticket lines are so long (and it rained the day we went), but with the tickets already bought and on our phones we walked right in.

Check your pockets after leaving Amsterdam. Wouldn't want to have problems at Customs.

We're likely headed to the southern beaches of Portugal for a 4-5 day jaunt in a few months. Would love any recommendations on towns, lodging, and food.

FYI, Delta (and I think American as well) has some insane deals right now on roundtrip tickets to Europe in August.

I have to go over to Finland for work, but my wife and I got tickets for Asheville-Prague, Helsinki-Asheville for $485. I was checking these routes earlier in the week and they were hovering around $1400. What's more insane is Asheville is usually expensive as hell to fly out of -- last year when we went to Finland we flew out of Charlotte to save $500 on my wife's ticket.

We're trying to do a weekend somewhere every time I have to go over for work, and the next cities on our list were Prague, Budapest, Berlin and all had this deal so we just picked Prague out of a hat (I've been to all but Budapest).

Deals still seem to be active when I checked Google Flights this morning.

FYI, Delta (and I think American as well) has some insane deals right now on roundtrip tickets to Europe in August.

I have to go over to Finland for work, but my wife and I got tickets for Asheville-Prague, Helsinki-Asheville for $485. I was checking these routes earlier in the week and they were hovering around $1400. What's more insane is Asheville is usually expensive as hell to fly out of -- last year when we went to Finland we flew out of Charlotte to save $500 on my wife's ticket.

We're trying to do a weekend somewhere every time I have to go over for work, and the next cities on our list were Prague, Budapest, Berlin and all had this deal so we just picked Prague out of a hat (I've been to all but Budapest).

God I love Prague. Have a blast.

Looking to do Europe in December, flights are cheap and it fits well with SD3toy's exam schedule. With it being in December, any must do's or dont's? It's looking like we'll fly in and out of Paris, from there its pretty open. Looking at a 9 day trip.

Looking to do Europe in December, flights are cheap and it fits well with SD3toy's exam schedule. With it being in December, any must do's or dont's? It's looking like we'll fly in and out of Paris, from there its pretty open. Looking at a 9 day trip.

Skiing and/or Christmas Markets

Thinking about doing a week+ long trip split between Berlin and Croatia. What are the can’t-miss spots in Croatia? Best time to visit re: weather, price, crowds, and events?

Sorry you have missed Budapest. This is a great and beautiful city. As I write, I am looking out of my window at the Danube and the Chain Bridge. Quite a sight at night, when the Danube bridges and both sides of the river are all lit up.

Sorry you have missed Budapest. This is a great and beautiful city. As I write, I am looking out of my window at the Danube and the Chain Bridge. Quite a sight at night, when the Danube bridges and both sides of the river are all lit up.

it's on the short list -- maybe when I head back to Finland in October

Gonna do a week-long bike trip with dad next year, probably in Europe. What are some top destinations for people that have done it?

Back