• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Europe Travel Assistance

I think it's gotta be somewhere where you can have a good time outdoors because I think we're looking at another round of covid measures around indoor spaces

maybe covid fatigue will prevent that though

greece was pretty much wide open and is still warm

hi everyone did i tell you about the 200x i went to italy

this is highbrow mocking we're doing now

jim-carrey-dumb-and-dumber.gif

EEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII:HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Any Provence tips? Looking at probably 6 nights in late may. Nothing planned at all

Any Provence tips? Looking at probably 6 nights in late may. Nothing planned at all
Feel free to PM if you’d like. It’s been about five years but we spent a good 10 days getting around southern France. Depends on what you wanna do.

Reactions: BDL
Went there last summer. Hard to go wrong. High lights were:

Greater flamingos in Carmargue
Griffon Vultures in the Luberon
Bee-eaters and Rollers in Roussillion

Only real disappointment was not seeing a hoopoe. Hopefully next time.

Seriously though. Beautiful place. Hiking in the Luberon park and in the Calaques was awesome.

Went there last summer. Hard to go wrong. High lights were:

Greater flamingos in Carmargue
Griffon Vultures in the Luberon
Bee-eaters and Rollers in Roussillion

Only real disappointment was not seeing a hoopoe. Hopefully next time.

Seriously though. Beautiful place. Hiking in the Luberon park and in the Calaques was awesome.

Where'd you stay in Luberon?

We're flying into Marseilles on a Saturday afternoon but will probably go straight to Aix or Avignon for day or two.

Plan to rent a car Monday and hop around until Friday. Would like to decide on probably two towns to airbnb in M-F.

Train to Paris Friday afternoon, two nights there and home Monday.

We're flying into Marseilles on a Saturday afternoon but will probably go straight to Aix or Avignon for day or two.

Plan to rent a car Monday and hop around until Friday. Would like to decide on probably two towns to airbnb in M-F.

St Remy is p cool. we stayed in a villa there years and years ago. town Van Gogh painted in Starry Night.

We actually flew into Paris and then took the train to Avignon where we rented a car. We got an Air BnB in Roussillion for 8 days and drove around everywhere. Casis and the Calanques were about 1 hour 45 minute drive, Arles and the Carmargue were about 1 hour 30 minutes. So we just made day trips out of that. The Luberon was only 40 minutes from Roussillion so we drove up the mountain and then hiked around for a few hours. It's a bit of time in the car, but having a central home base was pretty convenient. We also spent a day in Gordes, went to dinner in Menerbes, and spent a day in Roussillion and one of the vineyards there. One of my favorite things was staying on the edge of the village and getting up in the morning walking a mile into town in the morning to get a bag of Croissant and Pan au chocolate and an espresso from the bakery then walking back and having breakfast with the family on the porch next to an olive orchard and across the street from a lavender farm. I got like 58 life birds on the trip, including golden oriole and a green backed woodpecker on those morning walks to get croissants; you'll have a great time!

We stayed in a B&B outside of Châteauneuf-du-Pape for a few nights years ago. We were backpacking and training so no car. The quiet walks into and back out of town through the vineyards are a favorite memory. Some of the most beautiful starry night skies I’ve ever enjoyed.

Not much help for anyone’s planning except agree with the idea of walking around and exploring on foot if you’re inclined.

If you had a night would you do it in Milan, Parma, Modena or Bologna? Would be driving from Milan to just outside Siena and looking to stop somewhere along the way. Or should we do nights in two spots or two nights in one of those?

If you had a night would you do it in Milan, Parma, Modena or Bologna? Would be driving from Milan to just outside Siena and looking to stop somewhere along the way. Or should we do nights in two spots or two nights in one of those?
I have not been to the other places, but I will say there is alot to do in Milan. Several different areas of the city are worth visiting, and apt of good sites.

I have not been to the other places, but I will say there is alot to do in Milan. Several different areas of the city are worth visiting, and apt of good sites.
Yeah I have not been to any but have been to Tuscany many times. But we are getting a villa and will be visiting the small towns throughout the week.

Back